ARJ Defense ad

I’m about to dip into the world of Sig P320. Is it worth it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reb58

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2019
    US
    I've got two P320's, one in 9mm and one in .45. Both are great IMO, shoot well, accurate, no issues whatsoever and certainly no rust of any type anywhere.

I've been to LGS several times in the last few weeks, looking for another pistol. But, I leave empty handed everytime. My flock is pretty great and adding another us just another gun.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Well, I know plenty of people that own Sigs, myself included, and that's the first I heard of rust issues. Maybe we're just lucky.
    I'm glad you've had luck.

People have been badmouthing sigs finish quality decades before even the P250 was a thing

Its an easy fix, get the SS mag release, or constantly apply boesheild or hornady one shot, but it's not something that should be considered acceptable

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Saying people 'bad mouthing' means what? I can probably find people bad mouthing just about anything. If I go just off this thread, it seems a very small percentage.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I rented a plain full size 9mm at a gun range and loved it. Loved the trigger and accuracy. After looking at a few models I got a X-Carry Compact but for some reason I didn't like it as much as the plain.

Still haven't decided to sell it or try to upgrade it.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Saying people 'bad mouthing' means what? I can probably find people bad mouthing just about anything. If I go just off this thread, it seems a very small percentage.
    People complaining, talking ill, the meaning should be pretty clear, if it wasn't, i apologize.

People have been complaining about sigs finish for decades. A quick google search will bring you results that are as new as today, to as old as the internet.

I realize I'm only bringing 2 specific examples that i have personally observed, but S&W, Ruger, Glock, HK, Beretta etc have seen the same, or even worse treatment yet do not display the same issues

(They also dont have the same disappointing CS, but that's a whole nother story)

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    People complaining, talking ill, the meaning should be pretty clear, if it wasn't, i apologize.

People have been complaining about sigs finish for decades. A quick google search will bring you results that are as new as today, to as old as the internet.

I realize I'm only bringing 2 specific examples that i have personally observed, but S&W, Ruger, Glock, HK, Beretta etc have seen the same, or even worse treatment yet do not display the same issues

(They also dont have the same disappointing CS, but that's a whole nother story)
    Quoted for truth.

i like sigs. I have a p365 and a p938 (thanks big brother!) and I’ll likely have them for the rest of my life.
    That said, both the rust, and the customer service problems are well known. Not ubiquitous, but not uncommon. Certainly not enough to make me question my choice in edc or range weapons.

zaitcev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
    That said, both the rust, and the customer service problems are well known.
    This is the first time I hear about rust on P320. All I heard about are Kimbers and Rugers (my PCC did actually rust on me). That said, I also saw forum post by a guy who managed to rust a Glock with his acidic sweat.

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    This is the first time I hear about rust on P320. All I heard about are Kimbers and Rugers (my PCC did actually rust on me). That said, I also saw forum post by a guy who managed to rust a Glock with his acidic sweat.
    I think the rust being not a 'common' p320 issue is due to the fact that compared to P365s, I'm betting far fewer of the P320s are edc weapons, and therefore, the heat/humididty/sweat issue doesn't have as many actual examples...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=sig+sauer+rust&atb=v1-1&ia=web Most of the sig pistols referenced in that search are P365s, 220s, and 226s.

I definitely would NOT let fear of rust sway me away from ANY Sig. They may not have 'quite' as stout a finish as Glocks' Tennifer, but they're definitely no slouch.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    AIM Surplus has LEO Trade ins of the full size for $415. Want to throw the new Wilson Combat frame onto it. Pretty sweet pistol for $500.

Or I can get a NIB version without the night sights and with an extra mag for $450.

My carry is a Glock 22 w/ 357 Sig conversion barrel, and I’m not really a 9mm guy. Have a CZ75, Glock 19 and a FNP9C, Sig SP2022 and I don’t carry any of them, though none is a bad choice IMO.

I want to see what the fuss is about the Sig P320. Should I go for it? Maybe I should get rid of the Gen4 G19 which has given me two BTF scars on my face?

Those who own a P320 or have owned one, what say you?

IMO, just get it to have one...
    Does it really need to serve a purpose?

Your G22 in 357 Sig is the much better carry pistol, and you mentioned that "I’m not really a 9mm guy"; so why settle?

Just buy it to have it and add it to your collection of fine pistols.
    In the current firearm market, its value will just go up and up over the next 5+ years.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I think the rust being not a 'common' p320 issue is due to the fact that compared to P365s, I'm betting far fewer of the P320s are edc weapons, and therefore, the heat/humididty/sweat issue doesn't have as many actual examples...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=sig+sauer+rust&atb=v1-1&ia=web Most of the sig pistols referenced in that search are P365s, 220s, and 226s.

I definitely would NOT let fear of rust sway me away from ANY Sig. They may not have 'quite' as stout a finish as Glocks' Tennifer, but they're definitely no slouch.

Credit due to where it's due, the slide finish on the Sigs seemed to hold up ALMOST as well as it did on the glocks, and never displayed signs of rust, it was the small bits that didn't hold up, the mag release, slide stop, takedown lever...

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Credit due to where it's due, the slide finish on the Sigs seemed to hold up ALMOST as well as it did on the glocks, and never displayed signs of rust, it was the small bits that didn't hold up, the mag release, slide stop, takedown lever...
    I can't find out if Sig USA is ISO 9001 certified or not, but regardless, from my small knowledge of quality control in manufacturing, I'm AMAZED that Sig/others do as well as they do with finishes and overall quality.

I suspect that the vast majority of weapons, manufactured by Sig/and others, are as near to perfect as can be short of putting each one under microscopes and using electronic micro-measurement devices.

I think the ones we see having problems on forums are just like everything else: 99% of happy customers never bother to write reviews, but for the 1 in 1000 or 1 in 10,000 that have a problem, rather than going back to the manufacturer first, they instead go online and post it to high heavens, clamoring for all to see how 'poorly they treat their customers,' etc.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I can't find out if Sig USA is ISO 9001 certified or not, but regardless, from my small knowledge of quality control in manufacturing, I'm AMAZED that Sig/others do as well as they do with finishes and overall quality.

I suspect that the vast majority of weapons, manufactured by Sig/and others, are as near to perfect as can be short of putting each one under microscopes and using electronic micro-measurement devices.

I think the ones we see having problems on forums are just like everything else: 99% of happy customers never bother to write reviews, but for the 1 in 1000 or 1 in 10,000 that have a problem, rather than going back to the manufacturer first, they instead go online and post it to high heavens, clamoring for all to see how 'poorly they treat their customers,' etc.
    Certainly true, but i consider it quite telling that sig has different SKU's for mil and certain LE guns for pistols that have the same specs

Jrufolo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2019
    Addison, Texas
    I personally don't own a Sig Sauer pistol yet (I do have a WWII JP Sauer 38H, if that counts ;-) ), but, when I was looking at 9mm pistols for carry purposes, and was leaning towards a Beretta 92, I asked my brother, a retired Marine MSgt & armorer and currently an armorer for DHS/ICE, what he thought about the Berettas, and his response was "GET A SIG". My brother loves the Sigs, he owns a few, different models and calibers and he also has the advantage or working on them and did a week long training and tour of Sig in New Hampshire. When funds allow, will probably end up getting a P226 9mm, myself.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I personally don't own a Sig Sauer pistol yet (I do have a WWII JP Sauer 38H, if that counts ;-) ), but, when I was looking at 9mm pistols for carry purposes, and was leaning towards a Beretta 92, I asked my brother, a retired Marine MSgt & armorer and currently an armorer for DHS/ICE, what he thought about the Berettas, and his response was "GET A SIG". My brother loves the Sigs, he owns a few, different models and calibers and he also has the advantage or working on them and did a week long training and tour of Sig in New Hampshire. When funds allow, will probably end up getting a P226 9mm, myself.
    I just listed a VTAC SIG 320 for sale...I also like the 226 but at 72 the weight difference is huge;)

Jrufolo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2019
    Addison, Texas
    I just listed a VTAC SIG 320 for sale...I also like the 226 but at 72 the weight difference is huge;)

Thank you, I'll take a look. I am a bit younger, I like a little weight in my pistols, I find it is easier to hold sights on target, a lite weapon, for me, tends to be all over the place.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Quoted for truth.

i like sigs. I have a p365 and a p938 (thanks big brother!) and I’ll likely have them for the rest of my life.
    That said, both the rust, and the customer service problems are well known. Not ubiquitous, but not uncommon. Certainly not enough to make me question my choice in edc or range weapons.
    I have two P938 pistols, one blued (11 yrs), the other stainless (2 yrs). During this time I have not seen a rust issue. Both have been reliable pistols.

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    I've got a couple 320's one a M17 the other a "compact" with the custom works FCG. They're great shooters and my single complaint is that they are damn proud of their mags when they can be found. Other than that I feel like they're comparable to glocks, or close to it in terms of customizing it.

Fletcherjl

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    I bought 3 and sold 3. I just never liked them. The 220, 226, and 229 are classy weapons. The 320 and 365 series guns I was never able to warm up to.

Top Bottom