• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hwang1jin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2015
    This scenario came to me randomly. Picture you’re approaching a hill on an interstate and don’t notice the cop sitting there waiting with a radar gun. It’s a fairly busy traffic day. You get close and pass him, he starts to get in his cruiser and flips on the lights. But you passed him and there’s a convenient exit right up ahead with a quick turn off onto side streets. I.E. he doesn’t see you exit and turn off onto a side street.
    What would a cop do? Would you just end up getting a ticket in the mail? Do they send out a bolo for your vehicle?
    I’ve always been curious if there’s ever cases of people cleanly out running the cops nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easier now... just pull over and start coughing and say you're not feeling well so you're rushing to get home to take some antibiotics
    Capitol Armory ad

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    A lot depends on how fast you're going, the cop, and what is going on that day. Do that to a rookie and he'll spend the rest of the shift, and week, looking for your car. ( Rookies still take it personally.).
    A more experienced officer will either chalk it up to the one that got away, or be facing the right direction so you don't have the chance to duck off.

If the shift is slow enough and the town small enough you might have every officer on duty looking for you.
    :police::police::banana:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Did one many years ago up in Bandera....home on leave driving a souped-up '67 F100 my dad had. Coming around the curve north of town, deputy coming the other way did a u-turn and came after us. Other guy floored it and went straight, I cut down a side road. He decided I was the easier mark (bad choice) and came after me. He apparently forgot the road turned to dirt just past the nursing home. I hit that dirt, and REALLY nailed it. The resulting dust storm was bad enough that he blew by the road I cut over on - and I headed straight to the house.
    Back then, everyone pretty much knew who was who, and the next week (I was already back in Cuba by then) the sheriff came by and had a talk w/dad. Told him to let me know that as far as he was concerned, the incident was closed - they lost me, and they'd rather me know it was "over with" than have me trying to outrun 'em on any future incident over concern about the prior one. Got pulled over by the same deputy when home on leave about 2 years later. He actually laughed about the prior one and let me off with a warning.

Top Bottom