• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    This scenario came to me randomly. Picture you’re approaching a hill on an interstate and don’t notice the cop sitting there waiting with a radar gun. It’s a fairly busy traffic day. You get close and pass him, he starts to get in his cruiser and flips on the lights. But you passed him and there’s a convenient exit right up ahead with a quick turn off onto side streets. I.E. he doesn’t see you exit and turn off onto a side street.
    What would a cop do? Would you just end up getting a ticket in the mail? Do they send out a bolo for your vehicle?
    I’ve always been curious if there’s ever cases of people cleanly out running the cops nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    He'd probably just blow it off and rack it up to another one that got away. Unless you were doing 80 in a school zone and he got your LP number.

Are you asking for a friend?

It was actually a lucid dream I had haha. With the combination of driving 5-6 hours today and watching the movie “Speed” before bed. I guess my brain had driving on the mind

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    This scenario came to me randomly. Picture you’re approaching a hill on an interstate and don’t notice the cop sitting there waiting with a radar gun. It’s a fairly busy traffic day. You get close and pass him, he starts to get in his cruiser and flips on the lights. But you passed him and there’s a convenient exit right up ahead with a quick turn off onto side streets. I.E. he doesn’t see you exit and turn off onto a side street.
    What would a cop do? Would you just end up getting a ticket in the mail? Do they send out a bolo for your vehicle?
    I’ve always been curious if there’s ever cases of people cleanly out running the cops nowadays

I have ditched more than a few cops in my day. Mostly due to the help of traffic. Nothing happens. The cop just goes back on patrol. Non-event.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Nothing happens. I was going to work one morning (like 20 years back) and was on I-10 feeder. Cop was in a parking lot, outside of his cruiser with the radar gun in hand. He'd radar a car, then step into the roadway and flag the driver to turn in to receive his prize. He radars me, steps out, waves his hand .... so I waved back and kept driving.

"Good morning to you too, officer!"

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Last time I got pulled over I was moving at a fair clip and coming over a slight rise in the road. Johnny was just over the top and hit his lights as I neared him. I just hit the brakes and pulled over...I was busted! Had a pass to go shoot my new rifle, and had it and 2 other rifles on passenger seat and about 4 pistols in my bag next to them(loaded of course). After he scratched the ticket, I told him his fellow co-workers were going to give me shit as I new most of his fellow troopers. He advised me to talk to them and they'd tell me how to get out of it. He advised me to name drop in the future :) Sure enough, I got out of it and had just enough time to shoot.
    This was in Commieformia too!

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    When I was a teen, an officer tried to chase down my friend and I. I nailed the gas and ditched both of them. My friend pulled over and accepted defeat. The cop asked him what I was driving because he never actually saw my car, just a black blur.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Nothing happens. I was going to work one morning (like 20 years back) and was on I-10 feeder. Cop was in a parking lot, outside of his cruiser with the radar gun in hand. He'd radar a car, then step into the roadway and flag the driver to turn in to receive his prize. He radars me, steps out, waves his hand .... so I waved back and kept driving.

"Good morning to you too, officer!"

I had a similar situation happen about 4 years ago driving around town. The road I was on took a curve and up ahead I saw what looked like a wreck in the median. Some dude in black stepped out in front waving so I stopped and he said “you’re speeding pull aside”. In hind sight of I had turn down a side street just before him nothing would’ve happened

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yep, I had an officer do the "step into the road and wave me to stop", back in the late 70s as well.
    Rolled through a stop sign on the way home from the beach, he was waiting there for people to do it.
    My friend in the passenger seat hurriedly hid the frisbee which he was utilizing in his lap..

It was pretty exciting...

:green:

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Been through several (funny) variations of this, with the funniest by far being extremely similar to the OP scenario (was a long time ago), except on a small rural hwy - the funny parts being that the turn-off/exit was a small road that looped back around to the highway, and it was a small-town (e.g. local PD knew everyone, and everyone knew them!).

Soooo....after completed the short loop and getting back on the hwy, I passed the same guy (sitting in the same spot), and going in the same direction, but at an acceptable speed....Funny as shit, because he immediately recognized both my car and what I did - the look on his face when I drove by was priceless!

---

On the flip side, I had some acquaintances (a few guys I went to school with) who tried something similar and got arrested - after getting the shit kicked out of them by some type of police tactical response unit (not sure exactly who since wasn't involved)....

The way I understood it was that at the time it happened, there had been a prison break just recently (from nearby maximum security prison) and they were out in force looking (I can remember at least 2 times where this happened and roadblocks/vehicle inspections were everywhere). So bad timing on their part, I guess, since apparently LE though the escaped inmates were in that vehicle and caught up with them shortly after!

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yep, I had an officer do the "step into the road and wave me to stop", back in the late 70s as well.
    Rolled through a stop sign on the way home from the beach, he was waiting there for people to do it.
    My friend in the passenger seat hurriedly hid the frisbee which he was utilizing in his lap..

Easier than a Sonic tray...........

Petetothemax

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Austin, TX

The frisbee... hahahahaha. Nice.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I ran once and nothing happened.

I was racing (if you call it that but we were speeding) and a cop came the other way. The other guy hit an exit and the cop made a U turn and followed him.

I took a side street and came out a different direction. I was on an overpass now but as I passed where I would have come out at two cops were there waiting.

Top Bottom