• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    San Antonio
    I found a place in town that does hydro-dipping and decided to have some of my Magpul furniture done in digital camo for one of my ARs. I am also having a shotgun done in some awesome "mossy Oak" looking pattern, I will post pics when I get it back. This place must have had 30 different patterns, it was awesome. Just thought would share some pics. I think this stuff beats the heck out of the krylon spray-paint stuff I was going to use. Now I am thinking of stripping the lower and having it done to match...
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• P6130405s..jpg
      P6130405s..jpg
      57.6 KB · Views: 568
    • P6130412s..jpg
      P6130412s..jpg
      48.1 KB · Views: 482

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    ALMOST makes me want to go buy another AR...ALMOST...

Wonder how the ATI StrikeForce stock off my Mini-14 would look in Desert Camo...?

spanky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    San Antonio
    San Antonio Hydro Grafix, I dont know if I am allowed to post a link to the webpage here or not. if you just google "san antonio hydro grafix" it will come up. It was $100 for the complete AR. I went with the suregrip finish which makes it feel like rubber, sort of like how a Hogue grip feels, but its much tougher. The other stuff I had dipped was cheaper because it was fewer pieces.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I am in the process of building another AR, and think I might have to do this. Is there any type of warranty on the finish against chipping or wear. Not normal wear and tear, but if the finish just doesn't hold up.

spanky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    San Antonio
    anybody know if it is allowed for me to post the link to this place? From what I understand it is very durbale. I have seen several Remington shotguns and Bass Pro and other gun shops that have this finish(mossy oak pattern). I had always thought it was cool, but didnt know how or where it was done. Yes it does have a warranty.

Robbo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    DFW
    That IS nice looking. Would love to see the lower done. Have you decided yet if you'll do it? hmm... I have some stripped lowers sitting around waiting to be built up... hehe.

Rob

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    thanks for the link, I was wanting to get my AR coated but have been having dificulty deciding which finish to use, I will throw this into the hat as well!

Top Bottom