• ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    image.jpg

i recently broke down (couple months ago) and gave in to my wife’s insistence and took in a personal trainer twice a week. At 56, after a 28 year career in uniform, PTing several times per week, what would a trainer do for me? Well, teach me a helluva lot, as it turns out.

But the most recent thing that learned from him is about a great product available at Costco called Liquid IV. For $30, you get 30 individual powder packs you can mix in water, juice, etc.

This stuff has been a huge help for me whenever I’ve gotten behind on my water and haven’t really eaten much prior to a workout. When that happens, and I start a hard workout, I was getting splitting “exertion headaches”. When this happens, I can pop some in water, chug down 16-20 ounces, and I’ll be good to go. I’ve been getting these headaches kinda frequently in this crazy heat, and I am bad about drinking water before I need it.

Anyway, I now keep some packs in my truck, at the job, and at home. I generally don’t drink more than one per day. They help me much better than Gatorade or any of the other electrolyte drinks ever did.

Flavor is passable, but I mix mine in at least 24, usually 32+ oz of water as I like it diluted.

These are not a substitute for good old H2O, you still need lots of water. they simply help put good electrolytes back into your bloodstream when you are needing and using it heavily.

Something to consider, especially if you are a bit seasoned...we can dehydrate quickly in this Texas heat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 342
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 327
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 310
    Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Be careful to not over do it with those packets.

I see the label says each serving has 500mg of Potassium.
    Generally speaking 1500-2000 mg per day is what is acceptable.

Too much potassium can lead to serious heart rhythm problems

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Has the OP pointed out this product is for someone doing extreme exercising and or working hard outside in the heat. Beware that to much electrolyte can be harmful to the kidneys if not filtered through the body properly.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Be careful to not over do it with those packets.

I see the label says each serving has 500mg of Potassium.
    Generally speaking 1500-2000 mg per day is what is acceptable.

Too much potassium can lead to serious heart rhythm problems

Yes. I use this product no more than once daily, and probably only a few times per week when it’s really hot and prior to a hard workout.

But it is the best thing I’ve found to help me feel better very quickly when I’ve been working physically hard and sweating a lot.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Wow...didn’t mean to push a potentially problematic product.

Bottom line, I will not argue that a proper, consistent water intake is the best thing to do to stay hydrated. I generally try and drink water through the day. Other than my morning 16oz black homemade coffee, it is the only thing I drink throughout the day...generally 64-96 ozs. The don’t drink soda, energy drinks, juice, or other liquids during the day. May have an adult beverage at BN a.

But sometimes, I just don’t get enough of those 64-96 ounces drank before I hit the gym window. I carry in a water bottle, but it doesn’t always hit me fast enough, and I can get headaches or light headed. When this happens, I mix up a packet of this stuff, and after 3-4 minutes, I can work out hard without any issues. It just works very well for me.

But again, I realize it’s a fix to a problem I should not let happen, and need to try to avoid.

I appreciate the input.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I went nerd, I use a 1L Erlenmeyer flask as my water bottle. Coffee in the morning, then 1 or 2 of those each afternoon before I leave work.

2 of the 1L flasks equal 4 of the bottles I drink.
    I rechecked them, they are 16.9oz, 500ml each.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I have a water filter that can filter and provide me with a lot of gallons of water. Water is the best. I wish I had a dollar for all the people I have seen take supplements and neglect to drink water get sent over to the doc and get poked with IVs.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom