• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAROLINA BAREFOOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Georgetown, Tx
    Not sure if this post should be in "Off Topic" or here.

I know a lot of you on here are either retired or active military, and this is dirrected at you. I am Active Duty Army stationed at Ft. Hood, but in Afghanistan at the moment. For 6 years, I have been stuck in s**t holes like Taji Iraq, Cp Eagle Korea, BIAP Iraq. I finally came down on orders to Germany. From what i have read, it doesn't look hard to take my firearms with me, but will I be able to use them?

Jägermeister: I have read about this dude. Aparently I have to hire one as our guide. Funny, I always thought it was a drink lol.

Fishing: Did you have to take a test identifying all the common fresh water fish species?
    DK Firearms

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I don't know how easily you will be able to get the allowance to hunt, but I do know that just driving through the country side around Munich, I couldn't help but notice all kinds of blinds all over the place, primarily covered in tree bark.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Actually, Rod and Gun clubs are getting rarer and rarer overseas. I also knew a guy in Stuttgart that had guns and hunted with the Germans, and he said it is a long, arduous process that is not inexpensive.

But as dobarker said, the German woods are full of hunting blinds, so it's not incomprehensible that you can't find a way to do so legally. Start here and read thishttp://fwp.mt.gov/mtoutdoors/HTML/articles/2003/HuntingGermany.htm, those should give you a start on what you're up against!

Cheers! M2

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Jagdschein's are very expensive and require difficult testing. I know a guy here in the US that holds one and he was running me through the process. Let's just say, if American's had to do it, we'd have about 100 hunters in Texas.

It requires thorough knowledge of animal anatomy, shooting, marksmanship, laws, etc. and leases are incredibly expensive. It really is a rich man's sport over in Germany.

CAROLINA BAREFOOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Georgetown, Tx
    Every aspect of hunting in Germany is expensive. I looked into 10th CAB MWR events and they sponsor a few hunts every year. You aparently have to provide your own rifle, but other than that, everything is taken care of. I am not big on having someone holding my hand and telling me when to shoot, but it seems to be the experience of a lifetime.

Top Bottom