• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter04

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Katy, TX
    Hey guys,

With some of my Christmas money i was going to re-supply my AK. Bought about 400 rounds of 7.62x39 in October and now I'm going to place an order for 300 more. My last buy was this ammo....

AMM-6407 - Ammo 7.62x39 Ulyanovsk FMJ 122 Grain 20 Round Box Made in Russia 2396 fps Steel Cased Polymer Coated.

122gr FMJ

But for about the same price is see this ammo....

AMM-6401 - Ammo 7.62x39 TulAmmo HP 122 Grain 20 Round Box Made in Russia 2396 FPS Steel Cased Polymer coated.

122gr HP

Same ammo, only difference I see is the FMJ/HP. Price is so close It's mostly irrelevant.

What should I buy?
    Venture Surplus ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    HP would probably be more effective in expansion if that's what you are going for ... as far as accuracy ... neither is really that accurate.

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    To start off,as long as you're not looking to make 100+yd shots with these i think either is a good bet for target practice or plinking.An up close look would show that the hollowpoint cavity is not really that substantial so reliabilty would not be much of an issue.

If accuracy is what you're after winchester and the other major ammo players also make rounds for hunting purposes while a little pricey to practice with will give you much better long range accuracy.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    For about the same money, I'd go HPs. You never know, you may have to use them for something life or death. Rifle FMJ rounds do alot of damage also, but a HP will be less likely to over penetrate.

Top Bottom