• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    This is the scary way the liberals get into our state. The company moves here cuz Abbott tells them how great it is. then the employees follow along for the job. They are not leaving the commies, they bring all that shit with them. This is why Austin is SF lite, all the high tech folks moved here to help start up the companies.

Austin is more due to the University of Texas and their commies - the tech companies are there due to UT.

Eli
    DK Firearms

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I worked for HP for about 15 years and they were one great company. But, sigh, yes, the people of Palo Alto and San Jose are mostly lefty pinheads and we don't need them in Texas.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    When did you leave?
    Well, that's a story. I worked on the test equipment side of the company, which was probably 80% of the business at the time. Then, in the '90's, the computing side took over. Laser printers, Home PCs, business PCs, servers, etc. Suddenly, the test side was more like 30% of the company and they decided to spin it off. So they formed Agilent Technologies and split us off in 2000. Technically, that was when I stopped working for HP. I stayed on with AT until 2010, when they closed our Eastern WA site. They offered us jobs in Santa Rosa, CA and thought that about 30% of us would take it. Turned out, maybe 3% did. I was never sorry I turned it down. Still not sorry. Unemployed, but not sorry. PS - Agilent Technologies is now Keysight Technologies and still makes excellent test equipment.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom