• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Luk007

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2022
    The Woodlands TX
    I was an SRR member for a while. Got tired of shooting indoors (always someone with an 8” 380 with the most egregious brake possible), and the max 25 yard lanes, and the rules against drawing from a holster, etc.

For rifle, 25 yards wouldn’t do it for me, I can totally see that. So far, I always got a very clean lane with not much disturbance going on left or right. AFAIK you can draw from holster, at least I was told I’m cleared to draw from holster. Maybe some changed rules to get people back
    Hurley's Gold

gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    Howdy!
    We just moved to the north eastern part of the Woodlands (Sterling Ridge).
    After a detour, we are finally home. I’m Swiss by birth and Texan by heart - yes, we Swiss are used to have guns at home
    Thanks for having me in the Lone Star State, the beautiful Republic of Texas and in this forum.
    Looking forward to make some new friends and find some range buddies.
    -Lukas
    Howdy and welcome Luk007,

We're near to you - just down Kuykendahl abit in Augusta Pines.

We are heading to the Dentist in Sterling Ridge tomorrow as ms gamboolgal and I have check ups.

You might consider Blackwood Sporting Company for a Range - we have been going there for 20 years or so.

I used to fly to/thru Zurich to make connections when going to/from work in Africa for many years. Zurich was a good airport.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    For rifle, 25 yards wouldn’t do it for me, I can totally see that. So far, I always got a very clean lane with not much disturbance going on left or right. AFAIK you can draw from holster, at least I was told I’m cleared to draw from holster. Maybe some changed rules to get people back

Yeah, SRR's site says they do allow drawing from a holster after you've been cleared by range staff. They want to make sure you know how to do it safely, without flagging anyone or putting holes places there should not be holes.

I'll be there next Sunday with my father, step mom, and wife. My step mom has never shot a gun before, and its been years since my dad has. He's got a Glock 19 he needs to get some trigger time on, never shot it yet. I gave them a gift card to SRR for Christmas, and we're going so I can help teach my step mom how to shoot, and bring some good starter guns for her to try (.22's) - my dad was going to just start her off on his G19, which I told him is probably not the best idea for a brand new shooter.

Luk007

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2022
    The Woodlands TX
    Howdy and welcome Luk007,

We're near to you - just down Kuykendahl abit in Augusta Pines.

We are heading to the Dentist in Sterling Ridge tomorrow as ms gamboolgal and I have check ups.

You might consider Blackwood Sporting Company for a Range - we have been going there for 20 years or so.

I used to fly to/thru Zurich to make connections when going to/from work in Africa for many years. Zurich was a good airport.

Thanks for the recommendation on Blackwood, this is "just around the corner"

Zurich is still the hub in Switzerland, I used to fly in-and-out of it very frequently. Direct flights to many countries around the globe, near and far.

Luk007

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2022
    The Woodlands TX
    Yeah, SRR's site says they do allow drawing from a holster after you've been cleared by range staff. They want to make sure you know how to do it safely, without flagging anyone or putting holes places there should not be holes.

I'll be there next Sunday with my father, step mom, and wife. My step mom has never shot a gun before, and its been years since my dad has. He's got a Glock 19 he needs to get some trigger time on, never shot it yet. I gave them a gift card to SRR for Christmas, and we're going so I can help teach my step mom how to shoot, and bring some good starter guns for her to try (.22's) - my dad was going to just start her off on his G19, which I told him is probably not the best idea for a brand new shooter.

Sounds like a great family event!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gulfport Joe

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 17, 2021
    NAS Pensacola

Smart. Excessive recoil fir a new shooter turns them off quickly. How many of us had "that uncle" when we were young that wanted us to come shoot his Garand or 12ga or other large weapon that is unfit fir a child. They would all laugh like hell when the 8year old gets knocked down. Not caring about the impact it has on future shooters.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom