• ...and so much more!
  • SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I found you guys while doing a search for LTC wait times after applying, and you know how so many results can be returned on anything. Being a former Marine in 'Nam 1967-68, I learned all about an M-14 and M-16 but also learned to fear a .45 after two horrible accidents at night, one was a corpsman who carried. Being a very rainy night it seemingly took forever for the chopper to come. Some sounds and screams you never forget, thus never bought a semi of any caliber, only revolvers. Until a few months ago when decided to apply for LTC and studied up and got a S&W 9mm Easy Shield of which I qualified for the LTC and still awaiting the results from 2 weeks ago course and finger prints. I go to the range often to get more comfortable with it but still have that hesitation. Sure is different than a revolver.
    Lynx Defense

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    1619005693049.png
    Welcome

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Howdy from Fort Worth!

As you can tell by my handle, I’m into revolvers as well.

I carry a revolver Appendix Inside Waist Band (AIWB). That’s roughly 1:00 position strong side (which is the side your appendix is on if you’re right handed.)

This is very comfortable and easy to conceal, I carry a 3” S&W K-frame under a T-shirt.

However, since the muzzle points directly at your groin, there is no way on earth I would carry anything with a single-action trigger in this mode. That includes the Glock and all of its clones. IMO, the trigger pull is still to short and light to be considered DA. The only guns I would carry this way are a DA revolver or DA/SA auto (like a Sig P225, Beretta PX4, 3rd gen S&W).

I think the military was very wise to stick with the DA/SA autoloader. It’s harder to master but much safer.

Welcome to the forum!

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    A belated howdy and welcome to TGT.

My father was a Marine. He went in the first time in ‘32 and out in ‘36 active.

He went back in early ‘42 out in ‘47.

He, like you had an intense distrust of the 1911 platform owing to numerous witnessed horrific malfunctions.

Returning to the Pacific Theater after a time back at Pendleton he had been gifted a 1906 Colt Peacemaker with which he returned.

I was raised to that bias but since preferably carry 1911’s and have for many years.

Again, please, thank you for your service.

Top Bottom