• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Interesting, having only ever made FFL transactions in my former state, I thought FFL's had access to a database of stolen guns. Every gun taken into an FFL in Oregon is checked, because even though "there's no registration" the damn state records the make, type, caliber, and serial number of every gun that passes through an FFL. They don't use the FICS system there - the state added a damn layer of bureaucracy by mandating that FFL's go through the state police for backgrounds (and all they're doing is an NCIC check on the buyer/seller plus running the gun against the hot sheet, and of course they add a $10 fee to every transaction for this)

Two cities I'd lived in there also passed local ordnance requiring FFL's to hold all firearms intaken (except when they're handling private sale BGC's) for 7 to 30 days and check that the gun is not stolen before they can sell it. I'd just assumed that part of the process in the rest of the country as far as FFL's were concerned was checking the guns to see if they came up stolen.

When you're running the FICS checks here are they not requesting info on the firearm listed on the 4473? Is it literally just the buyer's info?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    OK, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the 4473 was a background check on the buyer, not the firearm in question...

The serial number on the 4473 is only the record of purchase through a FFL.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom