• ...and so much more!
  • 9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Have decided that in the future, I'll hire it being moved, learned my lesson the hard way. Early March of last year as I was preparing to move from Vegas back to Texas, I took it upon myself to move my small four gun Liberty safe with a traditional loading dolly. I had done it that way a couple of times before several years earlier. Did ok getting it out of the walk in closet, but as I went to move it out to the garage, I felt like something in my back ripped. Hired out the rest of the moving as I was totally down for a couple of weeks. Two doctor visits and xrays over the next six month period, I'm told I have arthritis, and not that bad for my age. Now after a year plus of slow healing of what I have been convinced was my spine being slightly out of alignment, and pressure on a nerve, I had a CT scan done two weeks ago for a cardiology and vein exam and as a note at the end of the report it mentioned that I show a "healed over" fracture in two vertebrae, one in the area I felt the ripping sensation.
    Military Camp

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    I've just cardboard to slide on carpet. I've use a good dolly. I've used lots of guys. Up stairs, down stairs. I've use carpet to slide it on wood floors.

I LIKE those ideas on the first page, golf balls and soft balls. I'm going to have to remember that. I've got a bucket full of hard baseballs already.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    for those of you that keep your gun safes in the garage - is humidity ever an issue taht causes the guns to rust faster?
    I always kept a Golden Rod in mine. My reloading stuff would rust up pretty quickly if I left it in my garage so I didn't go without it.

cwo4uscgret

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    near the Alamo
    Safe moving fun...

Since we were in the process of downsizing for our move from Michigan to San Antonio I had a large (25 long gun) safe that I decided to gift to a friend - a 70+ year old friend. I drafted a former co-worker to help with the muscle part. My old friend had an appliance hand truck with straps.

From my house to the sidewalk was the door jamb and a one step stoop. "I've got this" I said when my friend said want some help as I was making a stab at going down that one step...famous last words. As I started it down the step it went south and fell over, off the step. Naturally, so did I! I dodged a huge bullet; I could have had the safe fall on me; luckily I landed next to it not under it. The only "pain" I suffered was to my ego. Brushing myself off I said "that was fun!"

No matter what "method" you try to use to move it make sure you have enough muscle and help to do it safely.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    pvc pipe and golf balls.
    Lean it over a bit, roll it up onto the pipe and push.
    keep rotating the pipes in front.

When you need to turn or spin, roll it off the pvc and onto several golf balls, then turn and spin.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    pvc pipe and golf balls.
    Lean it over a bit, roll it up onto the pipe and push.
    keep rotating the pipes in front.

When you need to turn or spin, roll it off the pvc and onto several golf balls, then turn and spin.
    PVC Pipe? Won't it collapse? I would use a pipe or wooden clothes rod, much sturdier.

Top Bottom