• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I got a hornady with a off/on switch built into the cord. It works just fine and its fairly quite. I put a beach blanket down and some of that non slip rubber padding and it cut the noise and rattle down.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I got a hornady with a off/on switch built into the cord. It works just fine and its fairly quite. I put a beach blanket down and some of that non slip rubber padding and it cut the noise and rattle down.

Ok, thanks. I was leaning towards a Hornady, guess that's cause I have a Hornady LNL Press. Gotta keep the brand going I guess.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Many people mention they have used Brasso for 20+ years of brass tumbling,
    w/out issue.

You revived a 13 year old topic and Brasso is bad for brass.

If the OP is still alive I'd like to know what shinny means.

I wet tumbled with no pins in boiling water, a drop of Dawn, and about 20 granules of Lemi-Shine, rinse and dry.

Shiny brass doesn't work any better than dull. In fact it causes trouble at times.

Reactions: gll

KSPony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2022
    Katy
    I used to use walnut media in a vibrating tumbler. Never had an issue getting polished but had to leave it running for a ridiculous amount of time. Finally switched over to a wet tumbler with stainless pins. In short it's awesome. Cases come out completely clean inside and out, even the primer pockets. And with no media dust/residue.

KSPony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2022
    Katy
    I'm just getting ready to buy a Tumbler, what should I look for? Any specific brand?
    Brand is subjective like anything else. The motor is really the only part you might need to consider aside from capacity. Most brands are made in China or Mexico so I don't believe you'll see a noticeable difference in quality on vibrating tumblers between brands.

As stated in my previous post I prefer the wet tumblers with stainless steel media pins. I use the Extreme Rebel 17 rotary tumbler but there are many options to choose from a budget option like Frankford Arsenal and up from there. All depends on your budget and volume requirements. I chose the Rebel 17 to get away from plastic as much as possible and the fact the motor size can easily handle the drum capacity.

KSPony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2022
    Katy
    You revived a 13 year old topic and Brasso is bad for brass.

If the OP is still alive I'd like to know what shinny means.

I wet tumbled with no pins in boiling water, a drop of Dawn, and about 20 granules of Lemi-Shine, rinse and dry.

Shiny brass doesn't work any better than dull. In fact it causes trouble at times.
    HAHAHA...Didn't even notice the dates on the original thread before posting :cool:

twarr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2021
    Austin
    For high shine brass I dry tumble, then tumble in a rotary wet tumbler, Sometimes I skip the vibratory tumbler for already-clean brass.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I used to use walnut media in a vibrating tumbler. Never had an issue getting polished but had to leave it running for a ridiculous amount of time. Finally switched over to a wet tumbler with stainless pins. In short it's awesome. Cases come out completely clean inside and out, even the primer pockets. And with no media dust/residue.
    I use a vibrating tumbler with walnut media. It runs in the garage so the noise isn't a problem.

schmellba99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Houston & San Antonio
    Wet tumble with a tbsp of Armor All Wash-N-Wax and about a teaspoon of citric acid/Lemishine. Works like a champ, only have to run the tumbler for about 3 hours and no dust to deal with. I haven't started up my vibratory tumbler in probably 10 years now, not sure I ever will again either.

kmcn762

That guy with the milsurps
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Pflugerville
    Yep wet tumbler w/ SS pins is the way to go for super shiny brass. Hot water, some liquid soap like dawn, and a .45 ACP case of Lemishine for acid.

twarr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2021
    Austin
    Wet tumble with a tbsp of Armor All Wash-N-Wax and about a teaspoon of citric acid/Lemishine. Works like a champ, only have to run the tumbler for about 3 hours and no dust to deal with. I haven't started up my vibratory tumbler in probably 10 years now, not sure I ever will again either.
    I actually bought a bottle of Wash-n-Wax to try in the wet tumbler but never tried it.
    Some of my brass may sit for 1-2 years before I reload that caliber, how is the longevity when using your method? I would think the wax would help keep the brass clean.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I've been using a vibratory (LYMAN) cleaner for years, and I always use the corncob media, and I put the Lyman liquid polishing compound in it when replacing the media, and it almost never needs to be added. If so, just add a little more of the compound, and go again.
    I run mine for approx 3-4 hours, and my brass comes out really clean.... I don't know if you'd call it "shiny" but it's very clean, sort of low gloss.
    I recently bought a rotary tumbler and steel pins, and have done one or two batches using water and some sort of cleaner like Lemi-Shine (sp?) It cleans brass very nicely.... I imagine the longer you run it, the shinier the brass will get.

Top Bottom