• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Don't assume people you work with are true friends. When I was younger we had a group of guys who used to go for drinks after work. We discovered one guy always went to the boss and told him what everyone was saying, I guess thinking being a snitch would further his career.
    Piece of crap. Didn’t know the guy and still want to bitch slap him…

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Don't assume people you work with are true friends. When I was younger we had a group of guys who used to go for drinks after work. We discovered one guy always went to the boss and told him what everyone was saying, I guess thinking being a snitch would further his career.

Geez…and I was thinking people who ghost you when you’re no longer co-workers was bad.

I’ll take no-contact versus a snitch 100% of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Perchowski

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Houston
    Can't find a decent roofing job in Houston area right now because they're all taken by illegal immigrants. It's crazy.

TRam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2023
    Crawford, TX
    I am in the Staffing business. About a month ago, one off our clients called and said we needed to replace an employee. She was sleeping on the job.... in the breakroom. When we went there to terminate the employee, guess where we found her - in the breakroom sleeping. She was told this was her last day and she needed to leave. She was completely taken back by surprise even though we had to wake her up to tell her she was fired. She even had the nerve to ask "Why". Her response was, "What do you mean? I work when I am not sleeping!"

I know this is hard to believe, but it is a true story. Pathetic.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I am in the Staffing business. About a month ago, one off our clients called and said we needed to replace an employee. She was sleeping on the job.... in the breakroom. When we went there to terminate the employee, guess where we found her - in the breakroom sleeping. She was told this was her last day and she needed to leave. She was completely taken back by surprise even though we had to wake her up to tell her she was fired. She even had the nerve to ask "Why". Her response was, "What do you mean? I work when I am not sleeping!"

I know this is hard to believe, but it is a true story. Pathetic.
    We had a guy like that 20+ years ago. Sleep at his desk, meetings, in the cafeteria and toilet stall but they'd never fire him. They did fire the guy that masturbated daily in his cube and probably because of the noise he would make.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    During my working years I saw people fired for taking a roll of toilet paper then again I saw them keep an alcoholic child molester, numerous severe alcoholics, and weirdo creepers.
    It just depended on if management needed you, you fit a certain demographic or if they didn’t like you.
    It was bullshit.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Well…my position as General Manager was just eliminated. My company has decided to cut my and others overhead and run the TX branch out of NC. The sales growth pace wasn’t brisk enough for the new CEO’s patience apparently. Decent company, my team was great, Management just wasn’t willing to wait the time it takes to establish the relationships needed to sell capital equipment. I’d been with them less than 1-1/2 years.

If y’all know a good company in the Houston area industrial marketplace that needs a dedicated technically oriented Sales and Ops leader - please send them my way.

I’ll start a stand-alone thread when my ears stop smoking. Decided I’d wallow in self-pity for one day only. Back at it tomorrow.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Well…my position as General Manager was just eliminated. My company has decided to cut my and others overhead and run the TX branch out of NC. The sales growth pace wasn’t brisk enough for the new CEO’s patience apparently. Decent company, my team was great, Management just wasn’t willing to wait the time it takes to establish the relationships needed to sell capital equipment. I’d been with them less than 1-1/2 years.

If y’all know a good company in the Houston area industrial marketplace that needs a dedicated technically oriented Sales and Ops leader - please send them my way.

I’ll start a stand-alone thread when my ears stop smoking. Decided I’d wallow in self-pity for one day only. Back at it tomorrow.
    DAMN! Weren't you selling machine tools?

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    DAMN! Weren't you selling machine tools?
    Yep. Great lines- just not really suited for the growth in the oil patch that the Org needed. We acquired a distributor and he was doing his volume- then after the acquisition we wanted that x2. We just didn’t have the brand recognition. That needed to be built over time. I’m trying not to be bitter as I had a great team. But I left a job I loved to take this one. What I was sold was significantly different than what I bought. Caveat Emptor. Who knew?!

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas

Dammit I hate hearing about people losing their jobs.

Hope you find another job soon. Good luck!

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Yep. Great lines- just not really suited for the growth in the oil patch that the Org needed. We acquired a distributor and he was doing his volume- then after the acquisition we wanted that x2. We just didn’t have the brand recognition. That needed to be built over time. I’m trying not to be bitter as I had a great team. But I left a job I loved to take this one. What I was sold was significantly different than what I bought. Caveat Emptor. Who knew?!
    Damnit. Thier expectations were not aligned with reality.

ronr68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Taylor
    My dad always said to give the man a day’s work for a day’s pay. Sounded really corny when I was young, but the older I got, the smarter my dad was.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    My assistant was terminated this week, he kept missing about 5 days out of every 20. No notification to the office or even a text to myself. Then after being fired, he decided to bring a "doctor's note", and never called and said anything. He was making about 5K per month, paid insurance, 401K. He just lost a decent job and benefits.

I get tired of the shit sometimes ok most of the time. I get so much "clean-up" other peoples screw ups, it gets old. I also get the customer service to fix client relations. I have had a lot of experience working with people and smoothing out issues. I will bend over backward to try to make things right, but I have been known to tell project managers for home builders to ****-off too, I'm not afraid to say what needs to be heard. I have left project managers standing speechless when I have walked away from jobs, or told custom home builders, "No, I will not fix what you broke for that rate, this is what is going to cost you or find someone else." Ninty-nine percent of the time it has been them paying, they can't find anyone who can fix what they messed up, BUT I will not blow smoke up their asses either, IF I don't know what to do, I'm just honest and say so, it is much cheaper than fucking up.

I had to "fix" some knot holes in Andean walnut doors that the client didn't like, a little epoxy and dye, and after about 4 hours, the job was done, no one else knows how to fix things like this where I work, $500, there were no more Andean Walnut doors available in the supply chain at the time. The client was happy, the company owner was happy, I made $500, I was happy.

MAKE YOURSELF VALUABLE, show up to work early, and do YOUR job.

Top Bottom