• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I have to put an AirPod (previously an earbud, headphones before that) in my ear, and listen to various podcasts or vids.

Particle physics / Astro physics / SETI is what I usually doze off to these days.

Otherwise I can’t slow my brain down either.

Had to get something from the doc to help in case my minds races too much...had insomnia for 6 nights two weeks ago, not even Abmien worked...it was brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I will, on the occasion sleep eludes me, turn on Pink Floyd's Endless River album or Bach's Cello Suites, with a 1h timer just barely audible. But there is nothing as good as being worn slap out from hard work or exercise.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I can usually fall asleep listening to waves rolling on the beach, I have a sound machine. My problem is staying asleep, dogs barking usually wakes me, then it's hard getting back to sleep.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    One trick I use, when I can’t get to sleep is to NEVER look at the time or clock after I go to bed. Even if you get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom do not look at the clock. I can’t explain it but it really does seem to help, and you have to make an effort not to look because it’s instinctual.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Going to sleep is not the problem for me. Staying asleep is the real problem. Our neighborhood is deathly quiet at night but that helps bring on the strange ear noises. Running water, fan bearing squeaking, etc. All false but seem very real in the middle of the night.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Ambien works for me.

Gives me 4 sometimes 5 hours of sleep.

Then I put on an audio book, plug the ear buds in and doze off and on for 2 more hours.

Get up, grind beans, make coffee, slug down down 2 - 16 oz. mugs, watch Tucker Carlson and then really wake up!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I will, on the occasion sleep eludes me, turn on Pink Floyd's Endless River album or Bach's Cello Suites, with a 1h timer just barely audible. But there is nothing as good as being worn slap out from hard work or exercise.

100%

The sound of quiet is deafening...

I’ve made some dramatic changes in my life recently, focusing on my own health so I can be here for my kid/wife.

Being a martyr was literally killing me.

Trazodone 50mg to help me sleep on occasion seems to be workin. And 0.1mg of Clondine on occasion to slow racing thoughts also seems to be working.

But eating well, taking my supplement,s and waking up early to workout has been the best medicine.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Pretty much the same for me except, wake up at 10:30 to pee, go back to sleep. Wake up at 12:30 to pee, go back to sleep. Wake up at 2:30 to pee, try to go back to sleep, but brain is wide awake.

Depending on beverage consumption and time after last one prior bed I also experience the 2-3 wakes. Usually back to night night no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a very primitive outlook on the human body. I think the way most humans are meant to live- Rise with the sun, work to live. Turn in when the sun goes down. Artificial light does us no favors.

The body is a work horse.... it loves to move and work hard. Older I get I see the importance of moving. Humans aren't moving enough.... and it affects our sleep greatly.

I listened to a podcast of a psychological doctor that's a big dirt bike/fitness enthusiast . He said the first question he askes his patients that are having non-life threating disorders- "are you exercising? if so, how much?" The mind and body is one unit. Mental and physical health is very real and should be taken serious.

Sometimes when you bring up exercise.... folks quickly jump to gyms, hours and hours of excersise and getting ripped... etc. All it takes is 20-30 mins of getting your heart rate to correct levels. Hop on a bike and go ride 20mins everyday. It'll do wonders.

I sleep my worst when I'm living my un-healthiest.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I have a very primitive outlook on the human body. I think the way most humans are meant to live- Rise with the sun, work to live. Turn in when the sun goes down. Artificial light does us no favors.

The body is a work horse.... it loves to move and work hard. Older I get I see the importance of moving. Humans aren't moving enough.... and it affects our sleep greatly.

100%

If we want to be as healthy as we used to be, we gotta move and do the things we used to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Humans are not nocturnal creatures. God designed us to work and live during the day, and to sleep at night.

Now to throw a huge monkey wrench into that is if you work shift work and have to learn to sleep odd times of the day. Yep, it's hard on your body and your body gets all out of whack.

I think all those years of working shift work, and being on call 24/7 aged me a lot, and are probably a lot of reasons for some of my health issues. I'm fairly certain it has contributed to much of my insomnia problems.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Slept much better when I was digging holes than I do now when I watch people dig holes.

Also usually have to have something to listen to when going to bed or I lay there thinking about one thing after another. Lately it’s been Drachinifel on YT and the history of different warships over the past 100-200 years.

Have had a habit up waking up an hour early lately also. Not because I’m rested, just because. Generally can’t use sleep aids due to work, and really don’t like to anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Humans are not nocturnal creatures. God designed us to work and live during the day, and to sleep at night.

Now to throw a huge monkey wrench into that is if you work shift work and have to learn to sleep odd times of the day. Yep, it's hard on your body and your body gets all out of whack.

I think all those years of working shift work, and being on call 24/7 aged me a lot, and are probably a lot of reasons for some of my health issues. I'm fairly certain it has contributed to much of my insomnia problems.
    I worked night audit shift at a hotel for a while, then night shift moving cars for Toyota. During the day I wore shooting muff's and eye black out mask to sleep.

Top Bottom