• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I've been trolled. I saw it coming & it still happened. Share my burden. :evil:
    3 nights ago on the 6:00 TV news, they ran a story that reported "to go to sleep more easily, use the 4-7-8 method". To wit: while lying in bed, ready for sleep, inhale for 4 seconds, hold that breath for 7 seconds, then take 8 seconds to exhale. Repeat as needed until you fall asleep.
    B.S., I sez - it'd never work! I'd stay awake trying to keep up with the mental time counts! Nevertheless, that night, while having trouble getting back to sleep, I was compelled to prove that my initial assessment was correct. Try it.
    ARJ Defense ad

Reactions: gll

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    1618157071417.jpeg
    This’ll get it done as well

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    The function of the hypothalamus controls food, drink, sex, and sleep. Time to exercise your hypothalamus.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I count to 20, then repeat, until I fall asleep.
    Best way I found to keep my mind from racing.

I have to put an AirPod (previously an earbud, headphones before that) in my ear, and listen to various podcasts or vids.

Particle physics / Astro physics / SETI is what I usually doze off to these days.

Otherwise I can’t slow my brain down either.

Had to get something from the doc to help in case my minds races too much...had insomnia for 6 nights two weeks ago, not even Abmien worked...it was brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Oh, I take OTC meds, and prescribed as well every night.
    I do too but I have to switch different brands because I build up a tolerance. I save prescription meds for special nights, like going somewhere the next day and need a really good night sleep.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    US Navy developed a method. First learn to relax. I mean totally. I found when I did my head actually dropped another inch into the pillows. I was so tense I was still holding my head up off the pillow. Then try to think of the most relaxing place you’ve ever been. If you can’t think of one think of yourself lying on your back in an open boat on a calm tropical lagoon on a pleasantly warm sunny day..... if your mind still doesn’t settle down, then think to yourself over and over “don’t think, don’t think”.

I usually can’t get past relaxing the shoulders anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    I use the Lord's Prayer as a meditative chant. Slowly and methodically I recite, Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Do not allow us to fall into temptation, and deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever! Amen. I do not ever recall making it through, three times. The Lord knows what we need, knows what we fear, knows what we are anxious about, just ask, he'll relieve and relax you.

impactbumper

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    San Antonio
    I do too but I have to switch different brands because I build up a tolerance. I save prescription meds for special nights, like going somewhere the next day and need a really good night sleep.

2 years ambien, 2.5 years lunesta (disgusting), now dayvigo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    After 11 hours a day in the shop working on cars and 4 kids when I get home, as soon as I hit the pillow I am usually out.

Now, dealing with the persistent ringing in my ears, the 2 year old sneaking in and kicking me awake and then waking up every time I move because my back pain, it is the lack of a full night's sleep that wears me down.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    After 11 hours a day in the shop working on cars and 4 kids when I get home, as soon as I hit the pillow I am usually out.

Now, dealing with the persistent ringing in my ears, the 2 year old sneaking in and kicking me awake and then waking up every time I move because my back pain, it is the lack of a full night's sleep that wears me down.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

That sucks. BTDT. Just not four of them.

Top Bottom