• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Do you read the threads here by clicking on "New posts" and then reading through the list? I do and I have often wished I could exclude threads from certain forums from the list. Lo and behold, I figured out a way to do just that so I wanted to share how with others here that might want to do the same.

It's pretty easy though you will need to perform these steps for every forum you want to include in your feed. That takes a bit of time but it's a one-time thing.

1) On the list of forums, go to the first forum you want to include in your curated list.

Curate_1.png

2) Click on the "Watch" button on the top right.

Curate_2.png

3) A pop-up window will show up that gives you follow options. I choose these options so not to get bombarded with notifications. Click the "Watch" button.

Curate_3.png

4) You can see that it worked because the button that did say "Watch" now says "Unwatch". If you want to stop watching a forum, click this button.

Curate_3_b.png

5) Repeat Steps 1-3 for each forum that you want to include in your curated list.

6) When done, click on "New posts"

Curate_4.png

7) This takes you to the default "new posts" feed that includes all the icky threads you don't want to see. :) Click on the "Filters" menu option on the right.

Curate_5.png

8) A drop-down menu will appear that allows you to change the filter options for the New posts feed. I checked these options highlighted below and click "Filter". With the option "Save as default", it will remember the options you've picked the next time you click on "New posts".

Curate_6.png

9) Go back to your "New posts" feed and you will notice that your feed only includes "Watched" content which includes particular watched threads or forums.

Curate_7.png

Now enjoy your streamlined, customized forum content!
    Capitol Armory ad

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Does using your method exclude new threads which are started, or am I confused, which is not unusual?

This will exclude threads put into forums you don't want to read at all. For example, if you never want to see posts put into the shotgun forum, you would "Watch" every forum except for Shotgun.

Then you configure the filter option for "New Posts" to only show your watched content, which includes watched forums.

When you click "New Posts", you will only see new posts for forums you Watch. So you will not see any posts in the Shotguns forum in your New Posts feed.

This way I can keep up on new posts in TGT without seeing posts created in forums I don't want to follow.

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    Very nice job on the documentation - I wish more of us in the industry were like that. Curious, what do you use for screenshots?

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I wish more of us in the industry were like that

That's a pretty constant gripe of mine so I try to put forth the effort. Good documentation saves a lot of pain down the road.

At the time, I think I used SnagIt for these screenshots. Now that I have a Mac I just use the built in screen capture tools. Windows also has the snipping tool that works well enough.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Well done. Can you figure out how to exclude idiots now? Not including myself.

That would just get me banned from the forum. Much to the delight of some I’m sure. ;)

Wait... was this thread made today or back in January? I'm surprised I haven't seen this if the latter?

I made it back in January but shared it again in the classified thread because I thought it might be helpful.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    This will exclude threads put into forums you don't want to read at all. For example, if you never want to see posts put into the shotgun forum, you would "Watch" every forum except for Shotgun.

Then you configure the filter option for "New Posts" to only show your watched content, which includes watched forums.

When you click "New Posts", you will only see new posts for forums you Watch. So you will not see any posts in the Shotguns forum in your New Posts feed.

This way I can keep up on new posts in TGT without seeing posts created in forums I don't want to follow.
    Thank you and this is what I am going to try to do now.

I do not want to just SCROLL on by or not look at specific THREADS or sections. I have already done that.

I just want them OFF of HOW I want or CHOOSE to read THIS forum and many other forums that I may read online.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Old Lady Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Most excellent thread @SQLGeek
    And yet, you questioned ME (Joke or sarcasm?! Beats me!) for asking the same EXACT thing recently with my question in 2023 on another thread that I recently started because I HUNTED for an answer in the 'directions' and could not find it on here - on this forum.

Strange indeed.

Especially when some of us have in the PAST and still ALREADY DO SCROLL ON BY some specific psychotic and very BIASED warmongers on THIS forum or when people who always REPLY TDS or TL-DR yet they bother to be in the specific thread in many sections!

And there are some of them who almost ALWAYS reply TDS for their 'answer' or go ON over and over again on their CULT LEADER in any party or their PRO BIDEN WAR CRAPOLA and their hero - money launderers ala the BIDEN FAMILY and President Z!

One man on here, (Others too!) but one very specific man, NOT YOU, almost aways replies TDS to ANY person who does not AGREE with HIM in his PRO WAR CRAPOLA POSTS or when it comes to some actual facts on some famous people in politics.

The SAME MAN went after another LADY on here (MG if my memory is correct? I think it was her.) and hounded her in HIS OWN WAY because she did NOT give HIM enough of a REPLY just because SHE did NOT agree with HIM in some GUN issue.

I happened to read that thread and it was about GUNS not politics and I think serial numbers on guns, etc. I do remember that she replied nicely to him but she did NOT OWE HIM or any other member a repeated explanation OVER and over AGAIN on HER OWN OPINION just because she personally did NOT agree with him in one or more specific matter on GUNS.

I already CHOOSE to not read some people and THREADS online ALL OVER THE WWWeb even if I read them BEFORE or maybe a bit here and there NOW depending on the Subject Matter and not just on forums/boards and I do NOT MEAN YOU when I say this so do not 'take me wrong' or think that I am being rude to you. I do NOT intend this to come across being RUDE or whatever someone wants to think this is.

I do like to read other people and understand their viewpoints and IDEAS. So I am NOT isolated from someone's OPINIONS. But when it comes to some psychotic warmongers with TUNNEL VISION and hatred of a SPECIFIC group of people in some WAR ZONES - that not only ticks me off but it makes me SEE who they REALLY ARE unless it is a fake post coming from them and I do NOT mean YOU here.

And yes, I do PREFER GUN THREADS much more than some of the politics and PRO WAR people especially some people because they choose to group one group of people into some other group when all they are is INNOCENT PEOPLE in the MIDDLE OF A FREAKING WAR!

Plus a LOT of the people on here do NOT know the history or geography of some countries in the MIDST of BIDEN'S BIG OLD eff ups and with the PNAC - neo cons on the R and L salivating for MORE WARS while people are hurting HERE in the US of A!

I guess those people need to put up their FLAGS for everything else other than the US of A or their OWN STATE! Whatever trips their trigger, eh?

Have a good Monday.

Old Lady Cate

Last edited:
    Top Bottom