How to convey old reloads to a good home?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    I acquired a large amount of old reloaded ammo that was properly stored in good ammo cans, most of which included no load data. I have started pulling down some, but quickly realized that I'd be doing this for a LONG TIME, and also, I don't have need for components in many of these calibers. This ammo is NOT MEANT FOR SHOOTING. The deceased guy who made them knew what he was doing, but no one should trust others' reloads, especially if the recipe is unknown. So I am trying to find a safe, legal, and legitimate way to get these unknown loads into others' hands to pull down for component recovery. I am not listing for sale here in this post, just asking for advice. Can I legally sell them, or trade for them, or ask for a legitimate donation (GOA?) for them? Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I acquired a large amount of old reloaded ammo that was properly stored in good ammo cans, most of which included no load data. I have started pulling down some, but quickly realized that I'd be doing this for a LONG TIME, and also, I don't have need for components in many of these calibers. This ammo is NOT MEANT FOR SHOOTING. The deceased guy who made them knew what he was doing, but no one should trust others' reloads, especially if the recipe is unknown. So I am trying to find a safe, legal, and legitimate way to get these unknown loads into others' hands to pull down for component recovery. I am not listing for sale here in this post, just asking for advice. Can I legally sell them, or trade for them, or ask for a legitimate donation (GOA?) for them? Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.
    Pay some enterprising kid to break them down and then sell components would be my 2 cents worth

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    That right there, ^^^^^ sell them to Gordo, or post them here, in the classified section. You may have some very desirable stuff. FTF only so you can make it abundantly clear you are selling reloads with no documentation as to the fitness for any use. Most of us reloaders have picked up ammo such as this.

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    OK, there's some good suggestions and a couple of funny ones. :laughing:
    So far, I'll be keeping the .44Spcl loads to shoot in my M629 as I have no concerns about possible overcharges as that N-Frame can easily handle them.

I'll wait and see if there's any more good ideas before I decide what to do.

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    So far, I've pulled down 500 rounds of .30-06 and retrieved over 1lb of IMR4895, 400x plinking grade 152gr FMJs and 100x 150gr nice hunting bullets. I may just sell the primed late 1960s LC cases as I already have plenty of LRP in my stash. I'm using this:
    Pulling 30-06 Rounds on the Pile Driver 240831.jpg

Top Bottom