How often do you shoot, how many rounds per session?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pointman91

Will work for gun food
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Jacksonville Texas
    fall through spring at least weekly. 2-300 rds is typical but depends on which firearms are used.
    Don't shoot much when it too hot, not enjoyable at all.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Moonpie shoots 100 rounds per range day.
    That takes all day with the muzzle loader.

Not easy shooting muzzleloader rifles at public ranges. Seems like everytime you get loaded for a 2nd or 3rd shot, someone calls ceasefire to go look at the target they haven't even hit. Watching some of these idiots try to sight their guns in is almost as bad as sharing public hunting areas with clueless hunters.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    No set time or interval for me. Its random and sporadic. I may not shoot for 2 months, then go 3 times a week for 2 months. My range is a per day charge, so sometimes I stay for a couple hours, and others 4-5 hours.

Last week it only took an hour to shoot my test loads.

oljames3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Elgin, Texas
    Just looking to see how often you guys shoot and how much you shoot in one sitting?
    I started training (as opposed to practicing) about 19 months ago (2017). About 6 months ago, I started competing in USPSA matches at KR Training and in matches at The Range At Austin.

In 2019, at a minimum, I plan to participate in both the Gunfight Match (100 rounds) and Gunfighter Mini (50 rounds) at The Range At Austin. Personal practice will probably be once a month with at least 50 rounds.

And then there is professional training. I've already registered for two classes at KR Training in February 16-17, 2019 (400 and 200 rounds respectively). I'm working on taking Pistol 2 at The Range At Austin in March, 2019 (2 days, 1000 rounds).

Top Bottom