Venture Surplus ad

How Not To Sell (formerly the Smith & Wesson 586-1 .357 Mag Revolver thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    Quite the collector’s item. 6-shot .357. Original pre-lock with firing pin on the hammer. The factory blueing on this firearm is phenomenal, there is not a single scratch on this gun. You will not find another -1 as beautiful and immaculate as this one. The original trigger is shockingly light, a target pistol out of the box. Factory Hogue Grips. Has the M stamp and was not subject to the factory recall.

Serious inquiries via PM.

No trades, face to face only.

North Austin TX

$1,800

392F11AB-43AA-491F-AF77-C3B21EA0665A.jpeg

670391FF-26FB-48DE-B783-7046C6EDC264.jpeg
    39115CC9-42B8-47E0-8338-659103BE67D8.jpeg
    C557130E-6D2E-4101-B7D1-27DAD121E994.jpeg
    B6D86CDA-A06F-4CBC-AA70-66F43461C48E.jpeg
    CBB13691-A12F-41D7-BEA6-0064DD817F1A.jpeg
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Asking because I don't know..are those the orginal factory grips for that model?
    The grips look like they are Hogue Mono-Grips. Some S&W revolvers came with Hogue rubber grips from the factory, but they had the S&W logo made into the sides of them. I don't believe those are factory grips. I hope the originals are supplied to the prospective buyer.

I'm also curious if the box and paperwork are supplied with the pistol as well.

madwildcat

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Frisco, TX
    Not quite sure how this could be in mint condition but have had the rear sights removed and the grips changed at minimum, but if the seller would like to explain, its always possible this is some special edition or non standard variation with a low production count.

Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    This S&W has the M stamp for the factory recall - it is not affected by the recall.

There is no rear sight with this firearm, like many cowboy actions of old.

The grips are original S&W factory Hogue.

This gun has not been fired in decades and has an extremely low round count.

This is a beautiful, original collectors’ item with perfect bluing for its age and no scratches.

Please DM any questions, serious inquires only.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This S&W has the M stamp for the factory recall - it is not affected by the recall.

There is no rear sight with this firearm, like many cowboy actions of old.

The grips are original S&W factory Hogue.

This gun has not been fired in decades and has an extremely low round count.

This is a beautiful, original collectors’ item with perfect bluing for its age and no scratches.

Please DM any questions, serious inquires only.
    So, just to be clear;
    Original claim of being unfired has been amended to very low round count.

Is one affected by the recall but has not gone in for it?

Came from factory without rear sight due to it being a cowboy action model

And has the factory Hogue grip without the S&W logo on them that do not fit particularly well.

Did this about cover it?

Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    So, just to be clear;
    Original claim of being unfired has been amended to very low round count.

Is one affected by the recall but has not gone in for it?

Came from factory without rear sight due to it being a cowboy action model

And has the factory Hogue grip without the S&W logo on them that do not fit particularly well.

Did this about cover it?
    My grandfather purchased this from S&W and as far as I know he never shot it. He told me it sat in a safe in his basement for decades. The M stamp means it was not affected by the recall.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My grandfather purchased this from S&W and as far as I know he never shot it. He told me it sat in a safe in his basement for decades. The M stamp means it was not affected by the recall.
    Upon further reading I think the M stamp means it was sent in and fixed( unless I am reading this wrong)

“All affected revolvers repaired for this recall were stamped with an M on the yoke near the model number. Thus it is known as the M modification for all 686, 686-1, 586-1, and 586-2 revolvers.[5]

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Did a thread cleanup and removed all conversation and jokes, leaving only the legitimate questions that might be posed to the seller from an interested buyer.

I realize the OP has requested all questions now come to him via DM. The rules pertaining to that request should be reviewed by lots of folks, it appears. They are:
    6) The classified section is for buying and selling, not a general conversation. If your comment is not directly related to selling or purchasing the item listed, don’t post. If you believe there is an issue with the seller, flag the post and notify the mods.

7) If you have a question about the item but do not intend to buy it, contact the seller privately via PM.
    In accordance with those rules, I'm making the charitable assumption that everyone asking or answering a question directly pertaining to the firearm is a potential buyer and, thus, those posts remain.

However, if you're not seriously considering buying, please communicate with the seller via PM, only.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    The CA was strong with this one, as if he did not wipe his feet properly before moving to TX.
    His obsession/confusion with the legality of multiple purchases should have been a dead giveaway.
    And he prices his WTS handguns as if there is a roster in TX. :laughing:

Top Bottom