Target Sports

How Much Of One's Cash Assets Should Be Put Into Precious Metals?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    At one time, Kodak had the largest hoard of silver because it is used in all photo film, x-ray film and even offset plate making in the printing industry. Bunker Hunt tried to corner the silver market and drove the price way up. Kodak then sold a bunch making hunt lose millions.
    ARJ Defense ad

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I have both silver and gold............more imortantly...........I also have brass and lead. Which one do you think will be more useful as barter items if TSHTF?
    Both have their place and time in SHTF, I think, depending a lot on the circumstances of SHTF...

If you have gold or silver that you could trade for something, would you really want to trade your ammo if it was in short supply?

Depending on how many people die early in SHTF, ammo could be in large supply and gold virtually worthless.

I can imagine a farmer with a perishable bumper crop being willing to trade for just about anything that wasn't perishable...

A case of 5.56NATO weighs about 27 lbs and fits in one 50cal ammo can. 27 lbs of silver takes up less volume, but it's oddly just as heavy... Which is more valuable will just depend.

The idea of prepping is to cover as many bases as you can to whatever depth that you can. An extra pair of shoes could be a much better investment than a couple more ounces of silver.

Top Bottom