Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Go to the store.

I know crazy right.

Who would do such a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are very few brick and mortar stores or even other on-line services that can compete with this outside of niche markets, like Tackle Warehouse for fishing gear. Maybe ebay but it has it's own issues. I wouldn't even mind paying a little more for things, but Amazon has a depth and variety that nothing else matches, particularly local mom and pops which I try my best to support.

For example, my wife and I like a certain brand of energy bar. We buy them by the box, used to get them at Vitamin Shoppe but a while back when I'd go in they'd be out of certain flavors or not have any full boxes available to sell, you had to buy individual bars. Plus they have a pain in the rear "rewards" system that was hardly worth the trouble to keep up with. The bars popped up on Amazon one day, in flavors I never even knew existed, $4/box cheaper than Vitamin Shoppe and they were delivered to my door in less than 24 hours.

Plus, stuff like the mask nonsense and 30.06 makes me want to avoid most brick & mortars anyway.

When the Parler thing blew up a few days ago, I had some things in the cart and I started looking for them elsewhere. One item I just couldn't find (granted it was a somewhat obscure thing) and others I found but at double or triple the price, and I'd have to repay shipping.

I don't know how they do it but it's really hard to give up. I'm trying my best.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I spent somewhat under 3K since 2014; most of it on shooting equipment & supplies or shooting books. Are you trying to imply that all money spent by way of Amazon all goes into the pockets of Bezos? You indicated to go to Account section then to click on the link for Download Order reports. Whatever is the total in those reports, if you bought merchandise (and did it through Amazon directly as the seller/shipper), I would think that the the great majority of that money went to the original seller, as in the manufacturer, not to Amazon/Bezos. Then again, if the manufacturer was the one selling it and also shipping it, I think even a higher amount probably went to them instead of to Amazon as the middleman. That's not to say that whatever Amazon gets now is not too much because every penny they get is too much as of late with their recent politically biased shenanigans.

I have an Amazon Prime account. It is paid for yearly, had it for about 1.5 years now. I am planning on dropping it and thus losing most of my access to movies and TV shows because I do not have cable. That is going to suck but when I saw the black movies/shows section (don't remember exactly what they call it but there is no mistaking it is in essence what I just said), I almost retched. Imagine if they put up a white movies/shows section, there would be mayhem throughout the USA. When they pulled the plug on Parler, that was it for me. Unless they make some drastic changes, I will not renew next summer. I will still have Netflix, not as good as Amazon but it will have to do as I get it for free. I also will not be placing any orders for merchandise through them unless I NEED something that is UNAVAILABLE through other channels. Well, let me correct myself, if I have Amazon points, I will make a small order to use them up before ceasing ordering from them. May as well take from them what they give back instead of leaving it with them.

Last edited:

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    A good amount (>$22K mostly since 2015) but my son also works there. Always cool to see the SAT5 label on packages when they arrive. Means there was a good chance he had a part in processing it. He is 22 making ~50K/yr with great benefits and a fully vested 401K and finishing his last semester of college (school starts back this coming week).

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    My question is, where is the conservative alternative? Amazon does one hell of a good job. You just can't get around that. Capitalism in action. Show me the alternative.

Go to the store.

I know crazy right.

Who would do such a thing.
    Have you confirmed beyond all doubt that the *store owner* isn't also a flamin' lib?

Just because it's not Bezos doesn't mean you would align with their politics.

Top Bottom