• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Have a mechanic do an inspection on it, focusing on what will need to be repaired to get it running. Make the written report available to any serious buyers. Let them make an informed choice.....

....that, or sell it to a pull-a-part place.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    About a hundred dollars.

file.php

:laughing:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I mentioned a married couple spoke to me about the truck but I didn't mention they are (new?? .. I don't really pay attention) neighbors. He looks familiar, as in I've seen him around for years; her not so much.

I have done some CL searching lately and was rather surprised to see what seems like high asking prices for 10+ year old trucks. I believe the used car market has been pretty hot for a couple years now, is that correct? Thanks for all the input, much appreciated. :cool:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Tell them to make you an offer but warn them to be careful what they offer, because they might buy it.
    I did and, they did . . . I think.

I came home Thursday to a note on the door stating they were seriously interested so I called him Saturday morning. We agreed on a price w/o him (them? I'm getting confused now) ever looking under the hood, bed cover or in the cab. We are supposed to finalize the deal tomorrow.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I mentioned a married couple spoke to me about the truck but I didn't mention they are (new?? .. I don't really pay attention) neighbors. He looks familiar, as in I've seen him around for years; her not so much.

I have done some CL searching lately and was rather surprised to see what seems like high asking prices for 10+ year old trucks. I believe the used car market has been pretty hot for a couple years now, is that correct? Thanks for all the input, much appreciated. :cool:

I hadn't really noticed, or paid close attention, but another member stated that since the "pandemic" started last year, used vehicles got in short supply, so it drove up the prices on them. Very possible.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I hadn't really noticed, or paid close attention, but another member stated that since the "pandemic" started last year, used vehicles got in short supply, so it drove up the prices on them. Very possible.
    Yep, not the time to buy a used car.

Shit a used Armored Mercedes with like 300 grand on the odometer popped up on market place yesterday and people are fighting for it like old ladies at the discount cooler in the deli

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    SOLD! :cool:
    I may have been able to squeeze another 500-750$ out of it after placing an ad and dealing with a bunch of tire kickers but all I had to do was show the buyer the motor turned over and take the cash so I'm happy. It's gonna be weird seeing "my" truck drive by.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    UPDATE - cuz I know yallz been worried :green::

The buyer and his nephew (a shade tree mechanic - buyer's words) got the truck the week it sold at the tail end of a heavy rainstorm! Not surprisingly it wouldn't start and the rear wheels didn't rotate so they drug it off of a LEVEL parking spot, thru 20' of lawn rutting the crap out out of it, and down the street with tires squealing the whole way. It sat for @2 weeks with only a wash job as a noticeable change and I haven't seen it since.

I've seen the buyer a couple since and asked about progress. The parking brake was set :laughing: which doesn't sound like me since it was on level ground. The gas tank was replaced and couple other items but the free(?) labor nephew has been busy on other projects. Oh well, the cash is still tucked away for a rainy day or . . . an impulse buy. :evil:

Top Bottom