• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I bought the truck in 2001 with 14K on the clock because it looked/worked fabulous and THEN discovered this year model had many problems. Well, not mine! As you can see it's +250K miles and has been relatively trouble free however, it's been parked since @ July '18. I've had many passersby ask about it and I sloughed them off but today, a married couple caught me at home and showed interest. I think it's time I get serious about selling.

PROS
    - LS trim package
    - Short bed, extended cab
    - 5.3L, 4spd auto
    - Snugtop fiberglass bedcover
    - A/C has always been cold COLD, lines never even been cracked
    - Motor turned freely last attempted start

CONS
    - parked since @ July '18
    - RR body damage (pic)
    - "Heater" didn't work last time I tried, 99% sure it's a relay that controls a duct/door flapper thingy
    - Never serviced the trans BUT, it has never failed either

KBB good condition value 4 22 2021.JPG

KBB fair condition value 4 22 2021.JPG

spin 4.jpg

20180630_180919.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    My dad bought an LT Z71 for 4K last year. My old roommate bought a 4x4 LS this year for 2500. My buddy sold his 4x4 with the port a rust for $500. 2wd you might get $1500-2k max

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    I'd also try and pound that dent out a bit. You can see what carvana will pay as well. They are typically a bit optimistic in their valuations.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Having it running, with a current inspection and detailed ask $4K. Just remember everyone wants something for nothing!

This here.^^^^

Not running, most people are going to low ball you on an offer. With it running, you have a much better chance at getting a much better offer and price.

What would it take to get it running?

Another suggestion. If you are really serious in selling, a good cleaning and detailing would help get a much better price as well.

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    What do you think it is worth? What is it worth to YOU? Ask yourself how much $ it would take to see it gone. Sell it like it is, and be done with it.. not your problem anymore.. It is hard for most of us to let go of something we have had a 20 year attachment to. It may be worth more to someone else than you think. Good Luck Sir.

Last edited:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    It's a pickup! If it runs without any obvious mechanical issues then the price starts at $2k and goes up to $4k depending on it's issues. If it doesn't run, $500 since the cost to get it running cannot be determined.

I sold my MIL old Ranger pickup several years ago. Single cab and completed faded out red but 200k miles and ran great. A lot of people wanted a cheap work truck and would low ball for $1k or less but I had no issue getting $2k. It was not pretty but it was dependable as a work truck.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    The number moves up with inflation, but the saying holds true. "Anything that runs is worth a grand" I'd say that number is closer to 2k now, even with those miles.

The motor is likely just fine, I've pulled down more than my fair share of 100k+ LS motors and they barely show any wear at that point. The 4L60e trans, that's potentially another story that starts completely with how it was driven. If it still shifts into 3rd gear, doesn't slip in 3rd or 4th, and the fluid is still red chances are very good there's nothing wrong with it and it'll keep going for a long time if treated nicely. That's their Achilles heel - the high gear clutches at the bottom of the input drum. If you never try to make a wide open throttle shift into or out of 3rd or 4th those boxes can last a LONG time.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy that truck from you, because I am reasonably confident I could just do a full set of fluid and filter changes and keep on driving. In the event something fails, parts are plentiful, cheap, and easily replaced. Popping out that dent mostly, if not darned near perfectly, would take minutes with a 2x4 and a broom handle.

If it were mine, I'd price it according to what I'm willing to put into it first. As it sits, I'd ask 1500 and take 1000. Cleaned up and those minor issues attended to, and assuming it has good tires on it, I'd ask 4k and take 3500.

gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    My 2002 gmc crew cab with a6.0L
    Was totaled in a wreck in August
    225000 miles and insurance paid $4800. Was running great

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Dad's truck is pretty much the same as yours except it's a 99. The body has a couple of dents and the clear coat is peeling. Dashboard is cracked in a few places and the driver's seat is torn. The only engine problems have been the water pump, fuel pump and a few ignition coils.

Still runs great just ugly and there's no way to get $1k for it.

$2000-$3000 should be more than fair.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Looking at it purely from a buyer's perspective, as it sits, I wouldn't pay over a grand for it. Sitting for 3 years, the AC may have leaked all the refrigerant out from dry compressor seals. The RR damage is immaterial at this point. But I know in the not so distant future I would be paying for a rebuilt transmission, ($3500-$4000), new battery, ($150), new tires, ($600). Maybe a brake job. Yes, change all the fluids except for the transmission. If it's never been serviced, changing the fluid now would do more harm than good.

If you can get it running, that would add a lot to the value. If the tires have decent tread and are not weathered, that would add to the value as would fixing the heater.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    A mechanic buddy said the 00-04 Chevy motors will run 500k. My 02 Tahoe has 350k on it. Tranny has a weakness that only get fixed by rebuild (yoke piece needs replacement w an improved part).

I took the 500k as a personal challenge. Still driving it.

If you don’t want to mess with
    it ask $2k and let them talk you down to $1500.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Fixing it now maybe a losing battle if you plan to sell it. You'd be lucky to get your money back out of it. My buddy just let go an 04 with similar mileage, but running with the 5.3 for $2k. He was asking $3500 but sat on that number for months.

As it sits I'd be happy to get a grand for it and let someone else gamble on it. I'm sure someone will want the motor out of it to swap into something else.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom