Military Camp

How Much Do You Pay for Internet Service?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I have been fighting with Suddenlink ever since I moved to East Texas. My problem is that, in my neighborhood, there are only two choices:Suddenlink and Centurylink. Centurylink only offers DSL at 10 mps while Suddenlink is cable with a variety of speed options.

I use only internet at 100 mps and unlimited land line telephone. When I started 3 years ago it was $59.95 a month. Not it is $94.95 a month because they keep passing along increases with no advance notice (probably because a lot of folks use auto payment and pay no attention). If I want to change, I can go to Centurylink and save $7.00 a month but will drop down to 10 mps.

My neighbor has the same setup as me and he is paying $124.95!

How much are you guys paying for internet and phone?
    Gun Zone Deals

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    We went with HughesNet satellite internet about two and half years ago. It does have some minor issues being it's satellite provided, just like satellite TV. When we first got it, our monthly bill was about $82 a month, but that included our equipment leasing for two years. It has now dropped to about $48 a month, and we outright own all the equipment they installed. We are going to upgrade to the higher data package they offer soon. I think that will make our monthly bill about $72 a month.

We also cut our satellite service too, and went with a Roku device. Our satellite TV bill got ridiculously expensive and we had the same package for over 12 years.

Phones? we cut the cord there too. We are strictly cell phones now. The both link up to the WiFi modem, and are 4G capability. Mine runs about $21 a month.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    We have spectrum here in the big town. Speed is good and it is $74.1 per month. It just went up about $5 a couple of months ago. No landline phones

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I have SUDDENLINK as well. The last two months were 97.57. The previous two months to that I had back to back price increases with no explanation. So,4 months ago it was $84 and had a $4 increase. The following month increased $9. They average 2-3 price increases a year.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Another thing where live in the rural part of the county, we only have one available option for landline and DSL internet, and that is Windstream. They have sucked from day one of having them for our service provider.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Suddenlink stinks. Had them before and was glad we moved to where other options were available.

All the companies start with a decent rate, then start jacking it up. While offering new customers half what you are paying.

I used to be able to call up and threaten to switch, at which time they would offer me what they were offering new customers. Now only two providers are available in the neighborhood, and they don't deal anymore.

If it wasn't such a pain switching email addresses, I would swap. May do it anyhow when I get time. Could save $30 a month for a year.

Paying around $70 now.

Last edited:

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    We went with HughesNet satellite internet about two and half years ago. It does have some minor issues being it's satellite provided, just like satellite TV. When we first got it, our monthly bill was about $82 a month, but that included our equipment leasing for two years. It has now dropped to about $48 a month, and we outright own all the equipment they installed. We are going to upgrade to the higher data package they offer soon. I think that will make our monthly bill about $72 a month.

We also cut our satellite service too, and went with a Roku device. Our satellite TV bill got ridiculously expensive and we had the same package for over 12 years.

Phones? we cut the cord there too. We are strictly cell phones now. The both link up to the WiFi modem, and are 4G capability. Mine runs about $21 a month.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. I will check on them. If the wife still wants a land line I can always add a VoIP

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Since I live in the country,I am limited on who I can use. For years I had a Verizon Hot Spot but only had 18 gb of usage for $126 a month. It sucked keeping track of my usage.
    Now I have Rise Broadband satellite internet service. I have the unlimited package and it runs me $70 a month. I couldn't be happier!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Too much, been shopping it. 600mbps/18mbps from Comcast with a TV package and I'm at like $178 all in. I want to dump the TV part, hold my nose and go back to AT&T for their 1gbps/1gbps service @ like $90/mo. but the wife wants TV.

Phone? LOL. My house is a decade old and there's no POTS lines anywhere in the development.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Spectrum package, TV with the HBO and whatever other junk we get, Internet which runs 100-200 mbs (as fast as I need), and internet telephone for when we want to use a landline. $266 a month.
    When we travel I use my ATT phone as a wireless hotspot. Works pretty good.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    $105 for a 1gb connection and I pull around 800mb. But I work from home most days, even before working from home was mandated.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Aliasing is your friend.
    I actually still have a domain name with an email address from when I owned my own company. Just a hassle figuring out everyone who has my other email address and notifying them, then changing all the accounts using my other email address.

Need to make time.

For the past couple of years, I have no complaints with the service. And only an occasional problem which they (much to my surprise) addressed very quickly.

Gave up the POTS line some years back. AT&T would not keep the darned line working. I was not going to pay for something that wasn't working.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Spectrum
    400/20
    $80/month

I don’t understand their retarded upload speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    My fiber optic internet comes from the electric co-op. I pay $49.99/month for 500 Mbps up and down with no data limits or throttling. I used to have Suddenlink's 1Gig service which started out pretty good. We never got anywhere close to a Gig but in the beginning it was pretty quick. All the neighbors complained about shitty internet that got worse every time someone else signed up for Suddenlink. Once I wasn't the newest house on Suddenlink anymore, our internet was horrible. Extremely slow and unreliable connectivity and then the price increases started.

Top Bottom