• ...and so much more!
  • Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I have it on both fronts. A Mom who is handicapped and a wife who is depressed and won't seek out help. Dad took care of Mom till he had a stroke and didn't survive it. That was 5 years ago. I work a full time job and the wife thank goodness still is able to work. The thing I have learned is sometimes you just need help. The hardest part is trying to help someone who doesn't want help. Some days I wonder who will go the distance or will the medical conditions take you early. Get help I do understand. Of course even as I say that , do I follow my own advice? Of course not, why would I do that. Some days it just is to much.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Nothing like time bandits eating away at your time. The mother in law likes to call hang up & call right back. The wife phone is basically off so I don't have to deal with a smaller phone. I had all her doctors change to my phone number. Now there is a cousin I never heard of calling. Next time I speak to the MIL I'm going to tell her if she gives my number out ever again I make her pay in a total black out of information.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Nothing like time bandits eating away at your time. The mother in law likes to call hang up & call right back. The wife phone is basically off so I don't have to deal with a smaller phone. I had all her doctors change to my phone number. Now there is a cousin I never heard of calling. Next time I speak to the MIL I'm going to tell her if she gives my number out ever again I make her pay in a total black out of information.

Damn dude, I wish we were closer so I could help out. I've got a neighbor with Parkinsons that I go help out with semi regularly, because his wife is still trying to hold down her small business and the VA / Medicare only pay for X amount of hours for a professional to come out. She needs 10-20 hours a week more than she gets right now, and she never gets a break for herself beyond going to work. Sucks.

My grandmother who raised me spent the last 9 years of her life in a chair, and the last six months she was damn near invalid - in and out of hospitals, and finally had home hospice care. All the relatives were pitching in but its fucking taxing even with help. I'm sorry you're having to go thru this alone.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Makes you wonder what the sentiment would be if the shoe was on the other foot and if they were the one that needed the care?

People that haven't gone through what @baboon is going through, just really don't understand the burden and frustration that is a day to day ordeal, or understand how ill-equipped most of us are to handle such a situation, of caring for a spouse.

You don’t know what the commenters in this thread have been through. Wearing those shoes may very well be the experience they used to inform their criticism.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Damn dude, I wish we were closer so I could help out. I've got a neighbor with Parkinsons that I go help out with semi regularly, because his wife is still trying to hold down her small business and the VA / Medicare only pay for X amount of hours for a professional to come out. She needs 10-20 hours a week more than she gets right now, and she never gets a break for herself beyond going to work. Sucks.

My grandmother who raised me spent the last 9 years of her life in a chair, and the last six months she was damn near invalid - in and out of hospitals, and finally had home hospice care. All the relatives were pitching in but its fucking taxing even with help. I'm sorry you're having to go thru this alone.
    Like I have said some might fine stand up guys on here.

I got over it and continue on. Certain things tend to make me loose my shit. I can only take so much gag reflex induced by a couple things.

I can see the wife getting better just in time for one of her parents to be next. If the old saying about beicoming your parents is true the wife is in for worse.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Have you checked with your insurance? She might be eligible for a helper. I know a couple people that have one and insurance pays the entire bill.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    But a good man will still be a good man even when things go to shit.
    I like this. I’m baboons friend and I’m on his side regardless of criticism. But I liked your post.

I have been very humbled recently; Reminded that I got off course.

When bad things happen people really are like trees. We can embrace what’s done and not harbor any anger so we can become more rooted and grow. Or we can choose to not nurture ourselves.

Good post yg.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We used to call it p...y whipped.
    I'm not pussy whipped... I whip pussy - John Witherspoon-Friday | Meme  Generator

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I got the wife squared away with her breakfast, blew off mine. Ran into town to do some way over do banking. Hit tractor supply for tomato trellis & bought the dog some flea dabs.

Wife is supper bored bed ridden but won’t move. I’m sitting on my screened in back porch smoking chickens. To late to pull weeds in my garden. As the chicken is about done

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I got the wife squared away with her breakfast, blew off mine. Ran into town to do some way over do banking. Hit tractor supply for tomato trellis & bought the dog some flea dabs.

Wife is supper bored bed ridden but won’t move. I’m sitting on my screened in back porch smoking chickens. To late to pull weeds in my garden. As the chicken is about done

Must really be bad for you to resort to eating yard bird! My sympathies!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Must really be bad for you to resort to eating yard bird! My sympathies!
    The yardbird was good. The wife ate a thigh & 1/2 a backed potato. She doesn't want to eat because what it's going to do once it gets in here gutty works. I reminded her my yard bird beats feeding tube. Laying in bed at home or paying to lay in bed in Waco is up to her. Twice I figured the ER would want to bring her in for here weight loss. Colonoscopy aint until mid June.

HPFlashman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Northwest Florida
    Sometimes I get the hot lava volcanic shits as a side effect from my Metformin medication. This is an almost no-notice event and at first rumble my entire life focus is on finding a place where I'll be least embarrassed by an emergency ass-baring followed by a messy Tungusta Event. Taking a piss? Ditto, I got a prostate the size of a grapefruit. Wish I was 70 again.

You are not alone, Baboon. You just let others set your priorities. I'd never tell someone to "grow a pair". Nope. Who needs the grief when they do grow 'em and then sit on them? The codsack gets a kind of excess catenary on it when you get old and you got to be real careful sitting down. I did that once at the Knob Creek Gun Range. Screamed. Hurt like hell. People thought I'd shot myself.

HPFlashman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2020
    Northwest Florida
    Thanks, Deemus. I let them do a biopsy on my prostate once. They made me put on some paper underwear with a back flap, laid me down on a steel table on my side and the rest is speculation because I was scared shitless and was a whimpering shell of my usual self-confident and courageous self after I saw the size of the needle they were going to shove up my keester to make the procedure "pain-free". Never mind the "pain-free" part... the frigging indignity...my first time other than some hairy-knuckled Navy CWO4 PA giving me a finger wave...by this time my eyes were slammed shut as tight as my sphincter and I think it was then that they sent in the dwarf with the video cam strapped to his shoulder and an ice cream scoop in his hand to take 12 samples of that precious gland. I was doing the countdown, enumerating every ka-Chunk and when I got to "11" I cried "1 more and we're done, right?" "Nah", said the doctor, "we got 3 more left". I shivered and wailed. The doc and the Corpsman chuckled and said, "Just kidding, we're almost done". Ka-CHUNK.

It gets worse. My second colonoscopy. My doctor was Syrian. Nice guy. His assistant was some professional looking Black man. He was handling that black hose they shove up your bum, getting it ready. I was nervous so I tried to break the tension by some flippant remark like, "Enjoy your work?". Leaping Gebbus, me and my mouth. The Black guy grinned, started stroking the hose and said, "You got no idea...you'll be knocked out soon..." Then I slipped into unconsciousness and woke up sore later.

I'm gonna pass on the lasers, Deemus. But still, thanks.

(The biopsy turned out negative. That was a happy day.)

Top Bottom