• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Is it just me or no one thinks about jams ftf fte or catastrophic failure on edc weapons
    In my mind fte ftf Isa automatically a mag drop clear. On a retreat. Is what I carry for
    Or if protection of a innocent. But after that it's clear that scene.
    Vacate the premises
    But aside said ftf fte you gonna need more ammo.
    Catastrophic failure and I go immediately into berserker mode and use the tools I was born with augmented by the blunt force trauma tool that is already in hand.

Remember, vast majority of deadly force encounters happen at 6’ or less.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Catastrophic failure and I go immediately into berserker mode and use the tools I was born with augmented by the blunt force trauma tool that is already in hand.

Remember, vast majority of deadly force encounters happen at 6’ or less.
    We called it acting our color
    (Dats hood speak for acting negroish) fo my pale brother's out there

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Is it just me or no one thinks about jams ftf fte or catastrophic failure on edc weapons
    In my mind fte ftf Isa automatically a mag drop clear. On a retreat. Is what I carry for
    Or if protection of a innocent. But after that it's clear that scene.
    Vacate the premises
    But aside said ftf fte you gonna need more ammo.
    I don't.

Keep in mind I like Glocks. It's a different mindset that you 1911 fanbois.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I don't.

Keep in mind I like Glocks. It's a different mindset that you 1911 fanbois.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    085bcd07-377a-4142-bcf2-4fa0c12ac928.gif.gif

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Spare mags ain’t just because you ran dry.

Exactly. I carry a spare mag almost all the time I'm armed - magazine malfunctions are the main stoppage in a semiauto pistol - the easiest resolution is dropping the bad mag and putting a new mag in. The last thing I want or need, IF I get into a gun fight, is a magazine related stoppage without the ability to fix it. I don't want my 16-shot auto to become a single shot because I didn't have the proper means to get it back into the fight.

IF I have to go into a bad area or situation - no going around or avoiding it - then I go heavier and might go to two spares, or keep a heavier weapon available.

We moved to Texas at a time when there were riots on the daily in some of the cities along the way, and random violence had hit even relatively safe places like Provo, Utah. I made our four day drive with an AR pistol tucked between my seat and the center console, using the brace as my arm rest. We were able to drive around Denver - where protesters had been blocking freeways and some jackass shot at a jeep trying to navigate thru the melee, but I couldn't avoid the Salt Lake metro, and we had to drive thru Portland to escape Oregon. Anywhere ANTIFA has a presence, you're not safe. They get away with shooting people, or shooting AT people and almost never get arrested or charged.

They straight up murdered a guy in Portland - thankfully the police caught up to him and he was dumb enough, or crazy enough that he took a shot at them and they ended his sorry ass. Those are the types of people that made me keep the AR handy. They're the same puds that caused Sgt. Daniel Perry to have to defend himself in Austin.

Having the AR at hand certainly made that drive a bit more comfortable, even if the overall risk was low. Summer of 2020 seemed like it certainly had the chance to kick off a shooting war. At the time I kept 60-rounds on that gun - a 30 in the mag well and another 30 mag clamped to that.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I wish we had someone in this thread that had an idea on how to carry extra ammo in a secure and comfortable manner.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
    companies make IWB pouches for magazines or you could just have work pants with huge pockets.

magholder

Sep 23, 2021
    Utah
    There have been some awesome comments! Frankly our feelings are as many have expressed, we carry a spare magazine for a few reasons, 1 of them being that pistol related problems can be resolved by dropping the mag and loading a new one! Next is you never want to run out of ammo no matter where you live.

..... Enter Magholder!!!! We have designed a horizontal mag pouch to be as comfortable as possible to ensure it doesn't poke into your gut or side as you are sitting or even bending over. It also conceals A LOT better then most other magazine pouches available on the market, and its a faster reload then most other options out there as well!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom