How much ammo should you carry?

Grumps21

Apr 28, 2021
Houston
99.99% of all civilian involved shootings are resolved in 5 rounds or less. If you have to reload once its rare, reloading twice is unheard of. If you're in a situation you need multiple reloads you should be trying to retreat and get to your vehicle or somewhere more arms are available. I carry 1 magazine. If I am reloading that magazine I'm retreating to my vehicle where I have a plate carrier with an AR15 and 6 magazines.
folks watching too many movies:loaded::loaded:

BillM

Aug 8, 2021
TX
1634321677561.png

Grumps21

Apr 28, 2021
Houston
Never seen anything like that before. Wow. Must be a Chicago special

Lonesome Dove

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Sep 25, 2018
Texas
If you have to shoot more than a mag full regardless of round count then God bless your soul.

Sam7sf

I can count to potato
Apr 13, 2018
Texas
I might have thought the same years ago. People have gone mad. Our immigration security is a joke. With that said and without typing a book, it’s not crazy to have body armor and a rifle. There’s more people that would commit a crime than wave or say hello. Generation of criminals.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
May 22, 2010
kyletx
Is it just me or no one thinks about jams ftf fte or catastrophic failure on edc weapons
In my mind fte ftf Isa automatically a mag drop clear. On a retreat. Is what I carry for
Or if protection of a innocent. But after that it's clear that scene.
Vacate the premises
But aside said ftf fte you gonna need more ammo.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
Is it just me or no one thinks about jams ftf fte or catastrophic failure on edc weapons
In my mind fte ftf Isa automatically a mag drop clear. On a retreat. Is what I carry for
Or if protection of a innocent. But after that it's clear that scene.
Vacate the premises
But aside said ftf fte you gonna need more ammo.

That is one of the main reasons I carry a backup. Of course it's going to happen fast so who knows if I'll have time for that. I figure one mag is not taking up a burdensome amount of space and I'd rather have that than nothing.

Hell I used to carry a G19 with a G17 mag in reserve so I've scaled back on what I'm carrying these days.

Top Bottom