• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Just like the question asks; how many of you regularly use a shoulder holster system for your EDC, and why did you choose a shoulder holster?.
    If you do use a shoulder holster, what brand do you use and with which firearm?

I almost exclusively use the Galco horizontal system for my Glock with the double mag pouch on the other side with one spare mag and a tactical flashlight in place of the second mag.

Thescoutranch

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I've tried a few. I prefer them to belt carry. Recently, this has become my favorite carry method.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    A leatherworking friend recently sent me a shoulder holster that he made. He wanted me to try it and let him know what I thought. I really wish he had sent it in the fall so I could have tried it out over the winter. I have worn it around the house some and it's pretty comfortable.

It carries vertical but pivots forward for the draw. I'll try to get some pictures posted. It's really a very nice design. It is for a 5 inch 1911 and the off side holds 2 magazines. I've been carrying my old beat up AMT Hardballer in it.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I used to wear a shoulder rig when living up north, but switched to belt when came back south. Back then, I was using a Bianchi Scorpio or Silent Partner rig to carry either a PPK or J or K frame. When I came back south, the heat under the leather, as well as the cover garment, made for miserable conditions.

That said, now that my hips and back have gotten worse over the last year or so, I find myself gravitating back to my old shoulder rigs. Before any of you say it, I understand that the same weight is on on the same joints, but it feels better for some reason. We will see what this coming summer brings...

Besides, pulling out those old rigs brought back some good memories. I think the best solution for me is to just stay in my recliner, in air conditioning, with a pistol in one side pocket, and a remote control in the other.

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    I have a Andrew's Leather monarch shoulder holster that I use with a Sig P938. Since I'm sweeping/flagging anyone behind me, I don't keep one in the chamber. It's very comfortable and currently my go to, even if it sacrifices ability for comfort.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Andrews Leather does make an excellent shoulder holster. Supple leather. Straps are wide where they are on top of the shoulders. Sam is a great guy to work with.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have a Andrew's Leather monarch shoulder holster that I use with a Sig P938. Since I'm sweeping/flagging anyone behind me, I don't keep one in the chamber. It's very comfortable and currently my go to, even if it sacrifices ability for comfort.
    I'm guessing you meant to say "since I'm not sweeping/flagging anyone"

I just don't like them unless I had a vertical holster and then maybe only if I was wearing a sport coat or something all day. They just never appealed to me.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm guessing you meant to say "since I'm not sweeping/flagging anyone"

I just don't like them unless I had a vertical holster and then maybe only if I was wearing a sport coat or something all day. They just never appealed to me.

Maybe his is the horizontal type, and they do sweep/flag everyone behind him.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Maybe his is the horizontal type, and they do sweep/flag everyone behind him.
    He said he knows it sweeps people behind him and he don't mind carrying one in the chamber. Thats what kind of threw me off a little.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    He said he knows it sweeps people behind him and he don't mind carrying one in the chamber. Thats what kind of threw me off a little.
    It's not sweeping if it's in a holster...

Had some bozo while I was in plain clothes, but with badge and handcuffs visible tell me I shouldn't carry in a shoulder holster because the pistol pointed at people. It's like people don't know how a firearm works.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The James Bond is strong in this thread. I wouldn't mind a shoulder holster, but wouldn't want a cheap one, and justify the expense of a really nice rig.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    It's not sweeping if it's in a holster...

Had some bozo while I was in plain clothes, but with badge and handcuffs visible tell me I shouldn't carry in a shoulder holster because the pistol pointed at people. It's like people don't know how a firearm works.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    I respectfully disagree. I have been in line at a store with a guy in front with shoulder holster and the muzzle was pointed damn near straight back at me.
    he was wearing one similar to this

Attachments

• 1619376296706.png
      1619376296706.png
      52.6 KB · Views: 156
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member