Hurley's Gold

How many of you have LTC’s from other states?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Not much need to get a non-resident LTC from other states since TX license is good in so many states per USCCA map.

Back in the last century I had several which with reciprocity I was good to carry in 22 states. Now its 38 just with TX LTC.
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• Texas-Gun-Laws-LTC-USCCA-CCW-Reciprocity-Map-Last-Updated-09-01-2021-.jpg
      Texas-Gun-Laws-LTC-USCCA-CCW-Reciprocity-Map-Last-Updated-09-01-2021-.jpg
      73.7 KB · Views: 61

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    Cali is what they call a "may issue" state, it depends what city or county you live in; it's not a statewide system like Texas.The most populated areas, LA, SF, Sac, are no goes. Had I lived one county to the north or west, I would have had one, no problem.
    Sacramento Sheriff has been issuing licenses for 8-9 years now.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    I have Texas as I live here. Arizona (as it was my first), Utah (adds Washington state and is easy to renew), & Florida as I was looking at retiring there for a while. I try to go places that my LTC(or CHLs) are valid and avoid places they are not.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Not much need to get a non-resident LTC from other states since TX license is good in so many states per USCCA map.
    I like the colors on the USA Carry map slightly better, but the fact that Texas gets you nearly everywhere is pretty clear. The only state that gets added to my map is Washington and that is by Utah once I have the Texas Resident.
    Make your own map at: https://www.usacarry.com/concealed-carry-permit-reciprocity-maps/

The folks at handgunlaw.us stay on top of changes pretty accurately also:
    https://handgunlaw.us/ I have actually emailed corrections to them so know they are responsive.

I try to check what DPS actually says before venturing to far from home:

Attachments

• CHL_Reciprocity_Steve.jpg
      CHL_Reciprocity_Steve.jpg
      133.7 KB · Views: 40

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I received my enhanced AR Concealed Handgun Carry License today. I dropped off my paperwork in the state police office in Little Rock on, or a day or two after, March 7th. Got mt fingerprints done a week or two ago. So, either one month or a little less to receive it after handing in my application along with my TX LTC to them and then 2 weeks at most since having my prints submitted. Not bad at all timewise considering all things license-wise.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    What state provides the best non-resident CHL/LTC for us in TX for reciprocity (nr. of states that recognize it) or cost/ease of getting one?

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What state provides the best non-resident CHL/LTC for us in TX for reciprocity (nr. of states that recognize it) or cost/ease of getting one?
    <>

It wasn’t that; it was the state-by-state coverages offered by most insurors. Retired, I live in LA but spend lots of time in TX & FL, plus travel a bit.

I need nationwide coverage.

Both NRA & USCCA publish “reciprocity” data & some maps.

BTW, like your posts. . . . .

leVieux

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    My NV CCW just lapsed. Lived in Las Vegas for a bit, I also had the opportunity go apply for my FL CCW at the same time, I think that one just expired as well.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom