Lynx Defense

How many of you have LTC’s from other states?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth
    Have had TX, FL, PA, CT, ME, NH, VA, AZ, and District of Columbia (DC). Currently TX, CT, AZ, VA...my DC one expired last week after being extended 1 year due to the panicdemic. I need to go to DC in person to take the course to renew. I have two pistols registered for carry/possession in DC.
    Wtf?

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Multiple LTC/CCL’s may become a non-issue in the next few years assuming we get a good opinion issued by SCOTUS in the NYSPRA v NY case in May or June.

there are several lawsuits ready to be filed against states like Ca, Hi, Or, and NY because those states neither issue Non-Resident LTC’s nor do they have any form of reciprocity, therefore violating the 2nd and 14th amendments.

The hope of the lawsuit, would be to force the states to have full reciprocity, or at least offer non-resident LTC’s.

Many other states might get various lawsuits as some states only recognize reciprocity from certain states and don’t allow NoN-resident LTC’s. Or various combinations.

things will change. When and how is another story.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    California gives very few LTC to residents no way in hell they'll ever do Non residents.
    Thats the worlds largest pipe dream other than ridding of the democrats.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    While Leftist coastal CA population centers don’t issue LTC’s, inland is basically a different state and many counties do issue them

These places also vote correctly, they just don’t have a voice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

postal

Old gun guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    St Paul/San Antonio
    Current resident of Minnesota but part timer in San Antonio, hopefully moving permanently soon.
    Mn carry permit for close to 25 years, Utah non- res. permit allows me carry in Texas and other states.
    Had New Hampshire but Utah covers all those states so let that expire.
    Spend significant time in Florida and as an NRA instructor (Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun) can add a copy of NRA certs to an app and have a permit without a course, but over $100 for Florida and South Carolina just doesn't seem worth it.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Multiple LTC/CCL’s may become a non-issue in the next few years assuming we get a good opinion issued by SCOTUS in the NYSPRA v NY case in May or June.

there are several lawsuits ready to be filed against states like Ca, Hi, Or, and NY because those states neither issue Non-Resident LTC’s nor do they have any form of reciprocity, therefore violating the 2nd and 14th amendments.

The hope of the lawsuit, would be to force the states to have full reciprocity, or at least offer non-resident LTC’s.

Many other states might get various lawsuits as some states only recognize reciprocity from certain states and don’t allow NoN-resident LTC’s. Or various combinations.

things will change. When and how is another story.

The Constitutional RIGHTS of Citizens don't stop at state lines !

Hzeng

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    Sugar Land, Texas
    I have a MA and TX LTC, the former was super painful (we’re talking 3-6 months of the local PD sitting on their butts with zero recourse) to get. Glad I left the craphole back to good ole Texas.

They don’t respect any other LTCs and I think their reciprocity is pretty low as well. Total waste now that I’ve left the craphole.

Texas LTC was a breeze.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We keep LA & TX. Until recently, if we moved back t TX, we had to surrender the LA CHL. Now our LA ones are “lifetime”. I just quit going to places where I can’t legally carry. In fact, I’ve quit buying anything from non 2A respecting states.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We keep LA & TX. Until recently, if we moved back t TX, we had to surrender the LA CHL. Now our LA ones are “lifetime”. I just quit going to places where I can’t legally carry. In fact, I’ve quit buying anything from non 2A respecting states.
    Interestingly, LA has always been O C legal, with almost no restrictions. Years back, lots of us OC’d. It is still legal, but I see very little of it today. After the Katrina Floods debacles, both the Law & the Constitution were revised to provide severe penalties for any politician or supervisor who orders officers to illegally confiscate guns. Those included mandatory serial 10
    Year prison terms. Yet the worst offender, Ray Nagin was never even charged for his worst offenses, and got off with a year or so @ the Seagoville Club Fed.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Interestingly, LA has always been O C legal, with almost no restrictions. Years back, lots of us OC’d. It is still legal, but I see very little of it today. After the Katrina Floods debacles, both the Law & the Constitution were revised to provide severe penalties for any politician or supervisor who orders officers to illegally confiscate guns. Those included mandatory serial 10
    Year prison terms. Yet the worst offender, Ray Nagin was never even charged for his worst offenses, and got off with a year or so @ the Seagoville Club Fed.
    Yep, another corrupt pos in a long line of corrupt pieces of Shit.

OneGunTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2021
    Houston
    I am getting my Illinois instructor license. Should have it by June or July. I am in the DFW area.

but you are right.... it’s not cheap to renew at $150. However it does give you coverage in Minnesota. And it does give you a backup license to carry on if youforget to renew your Tx license in time, or loose it.
    Do you have your IL instructor license? I need to renew.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom