How many of you have LTC’s from other states?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jnynetwk

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2023
    Victoria, TX
    I have a Washington State license as I just moved here from WA.

WA isn't as gun friendly as when I moved there in 2001 but it is super easy, barely an inconvenience to get a carry permit. Just go to the local courthouse and fill out the paperwork and get fingerprinted. They send it to you in the mail in under 30 days. I'm sure it won't be long before they change that law too. :(

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Washington Gun Law President, William Kirk, once again circles back to the case of CRPA v. Luna, a challenge to Los Angeles County's unconscionable delays to process any CCW application. But today, we focus on another issue in that case and one that has the potential to chance concealed carry laws nationwide and forever. So learn what all of this means to you and arm yourself with education today.

I have no faith that Congress/POTUS of either party will ever pass a national reciprocity law. It will have to be SCOTUS issuing a ruling with the same impact as Bruen in 2022.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm legal in 50 states and 17 countries.
    <>

Maybe,

BUT,

What is the CONSTITUTIONAL basis of this ?

What ever happened to EQUAL TREATMENT UNDER THE LAW ?

To be very clear, i am not against this either in theory or in practice; but believe that this shouldn’t have ever been limited to retired LEO’s.

What ever happened to our 2A ?

<>

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    <>

Maybe,

BUT,

What is the CONSTITUTIONAL basis of this ?

What ever happened to EQUAL TREATMENT UNDER THE LAW ?

To be very clear, i am not against this either in theory or in practice; but believe that this shouldn’t have ever been limited to retired LEO’s.

What ever happened to our 2A ?

<>
    I am an active credentialed US Secret Service Agent on the Presidential Protection Detail. DHS provides me with badge/weapon/credentials for the US and State Dept with a Diplomatic Passport and accreditation as a diplomatic official of the United States to the countries that I travel to.

I am a legend in my own mind. :popcorn:

My point is to make fun of the LEOSA guys. There's always somebody that has more juice.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am an active credentialed US Secret Service Agent on the Presidential Protection Detail. DHS provides me with badge/weapon/credentials for the US and State Dept with a Diplomatic Passport and accreditation as a diplomatic official of the United States to the countries that I travel to.

I am a legend in my own mind. :popcorn:

My point is to make fun of the LEOSA guys. There's always somebody that has more juice.
    <>

Well, thank you for your service to our Republic; may GOD keep you safe !

<>

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2022
    East Texas
    My pocket Constitution with the Second Amendment underlined is my permit for all 50 states and Mexico.
    That pocket constitution book sounds great and I applaud you. However proudly pulling out the “constitution card” won't get you out of jail unfortunately In many jurisdictions. If you think it will, continuing doing you Boo. But our tyrannical government says that if one carries without a permit (in certain states), then you will get arrested and no doubt see time in a courtroom with your attorney and your bank account will begin to dwindle. Then, maybe you’ll even do prison time (Lord forbid). That’s reality.

I’m on your side and i agree with you. However we just can‘t “WILL” things to go our way when it comes to these draconian states and their anti 2A ccw laws.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    That pocket constitution book sounds great and I applaud you. However proudly pulling out the “constitution card” won't get you out of jail unfortunately In many jurisdictions. If you think it will, continuing doing you Boo. But our tyrannical government says that if one carries without a permit (in certain states), then you will get arrested and no doubt see time in a courtroom with your attorney and your bank account will begin to dwindle. Then, maybe you’ll even do prison time (Lord forbid). That’s reality.

I’m on your side and i agree with you. However we just can‘t “WILL” things to go our way when it comes to these draconian states and their anti 2A ccw laws.
    If my pocket Constitution from Jos. A. Bank men's clothing doesn't work, I pull out my US Secret Service Badge and credentials and my Diplomatic Passport...

Jedi54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2023
    DFW, Texas
    I have a Nevada permit and that allows me to carry in 29 states.
    adding a TX permit will get me to 37 states with the 2 permits.

once the NV permit expires in 2025 I don't plan on renewing and I'll still be able to carry in 36 states. (too lazy to figure out which is the 1 state I lose when I drop the NV permit)

There's an app for Android phones (not sure if it's on iOS) called Legal heat that makes it really easy to see carry laws and it generates a carry map for you based on your permits. kind of a dumb app name but it works great.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    There's an app for Android phones (not sure if it's on iOS) called Legal heat that makes it really easy to see carry laws and it generates a carry map.

The USA Carry map is pretty useful also and has had reliable and frequent updates for quite a while now.

Top Bottom