DK Firearms

How many handguns can I buy, via Gunbroker/FFL, in a given time?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    Two ways to go about adding multiple firearms to your personal collection while seeking smallest big brother involvement as possible.

1. Run one transaction with multiple 4473s that gets reported to the ATF as a multi purchase

2. Space your 4473 transfers out 5 days apart

Which one is less of a blip on ATFs radar?

Last edited:

Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    You still have to fill out a 4473, they aren't required to call it in. Paperwork remains with the FFL unless requested by the ATF. LTC means there already has been a background check made.
    How long does it take to get an LTC? Just an online class?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Or buy from different gun shops using your LTC where it doesn't get called in??

4473 or NICS is not the trigger, 2 or more in 5 days from same FFL is. So yeah, different stores works LTC or not.

Of course interesting to see if they are secretly keeping db of NICS transactions and can see across stores.

Any volunteers?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    How long does it take to get an LTC? Just an online class?
    In 2015 when I got my first Texas LTC it took mine 7 weeks after taking the classroom and range course, of course, I had gotten mine quicker than most. I've heard it takes about a month nowadays.

They didn't have online courses back then, but I would imagine you still would have to do a range score of, I believe, 175 out of 250 possible to pass.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Two ways to go about adding multiple firearms to your personal collection while seeking smallest big brother involvement as possible.

1. Run one transaction with multiple 4473s that gets reported to the ATF as a multi purchase

2. Space your 4473 transfers out 5 days apart

Which one is less of a blip on ATFs radar?
    Personally, on the few occasions I have bought multiple pistols from one FFL, them filling out an extra document isn't something I really gave a second thought.

I wasn't buying to resell, or using them for any illegal purposes, so why worry about it. Even if they were not required to fill out the Form 3310-4 for multiple pistol purchases, they already have them listed on a Form 4473.

Dave Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2021
    Roanoke, TX
    If you purchase a handgun at Able Gun Store, go a couple of streets over and purchase another hangun a Bravo Gun Store, and then buy another at Charlie Gun Store and use your LTC, the 4473's stay at those three are not reported (called into NICS) to the BATFE because they are single sales, not multiple. You are off of the radar.

pbratton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Sugar Land, Tx
    Realistically, one 4473 form can allow purchase of the entire store. All firearms get listed on separate piece paper and attached to the 4473.

As other have stated above, if multiple handguns, (and in the southern border states), multiple rifles, (if larger than .22 caliber), are sold to an individual in a 5 business day period the dealer is required to fill a 3310.4 and/or a 3310.12 and send them to the ATF.

The dealer is required to report multiple handguns purchases by the same individual to the ATF by close of business the sale day of sale by emailing or faxing the filled 3310.4 to the ATF. As well as send a copy of the 3310.4 to the local LEO and filing a copy with the 4473.

The 3310.12 is for the same multiple purchase in 5 business days, however, it is for rifles above .22 caliber. It does not require a copy to be sent to the local LEO and filed with the 4473.

I've only had one Customer in the last ten years that got a visit from the ATF. He was on a quest to own every model pistol that Sig Sauer produced. It is quite the collection...

Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    I just talked to Cabela's and the guy at the gun counter said that if you purchase more than one handgun in 5 business days at different FFLs it "should automatically report as a multiple purchase" to the ATF. Meaning if you bought a handgun at Cabela's and the next day bought a handgun across the street from Mom and Pop's FFL, it is still a multiple purchase and requires the paperwork for such.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I just talked to Cabela's and the guy at the gun counter said that if you purchase more than one handgun in 5 business days at different FFLs it "should automatically report as a multiple purchase" to the ATF. Meaning if you bought a handgun at Cabela's and the next day bought a handgun across the street from Mom and Pop's FFL, it is still a multiple purchase and requires the paperwork for such.

Wrong, but even if true, how would an FFL fill out the form since they would not know?

pbratton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Sugar Land, Tx
    NOPE. Not happening. The different dealers have no idea what the other sold to whom.

Neither does the ATF. That paperwork stays in the dealer's possession.

However, if these transactions were done with the NICS check, the FBI MAY have a method to alert the ATF of such transfers...

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    We are assuming that ATF is not somehow seeing the 4473. That’s a lot of trust to an untrustable agency. Who really knows.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I know they didnt see any from a kmart in phoenix. After they quit selling guns I was moonlighting as the loss prevention manager and I was told to collect them for the ATF. They supposedly had back to the day the store opened or 68 which ever came later, almost 30 years worth. Well I went out to collect them from the store room of the penski auto center, who recently closed, and found they threw them all out with all their junk when they cleaned up.

People were pissed. There was no one to punish and I kinda laughed and said that's a bunch of folks whose rights wont be infringed on and no one to blame.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I know they didnt see any from a kmart in phoenix. After they quit selling guns I was moonlighting as the loss prevention manager and I was told to collect them for the ATF. They supposedly had back to the day the store opened or 68 which ever came later, almost 30 years worth. Well I went out to collect them from the store room of the penski auto center, who recently closed, and found they threw them all out with all their junk when they cleaned up.

People were pissed. There was no one to punish and I kinda laughed and said that's a bunch of folks whose rights wont be infringed on and no one to blame.
    And Biden administration is not collecting nic check info. And FBI didn’t target Trump. It’s not paranoia if it’s true.

Top Bottom