• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I completed the course on 9/21 and uploaded everything on 9/26. The system showed no progress until 10/18 when it changed to all green except "print pending" was yellow. On 10/21, all went green and it changed to "mailed". It still isn't here.

Asking those who've been through it, how long did it take from the status change to the time you received your LTC?

Yeah, I have trouble with patience.
    DK Firearms

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    It’ll be here soon. Mine only took 4 days once the status changed to mailed. About 2 weeks total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    You should get it by Monday. Gotta remember, you are dealing with two forms of government, with bureaucrats that are retired after ninety days and a governmental delivery service that is a Federal entity that isn't a federal entity transferring possession and control of a state license that you shouldn't need in order to exert your God given Rights.

So..... it takes a while. Be patient and enjoy that second cup of coffee, or...

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I completed the course on 9/21 and uploaded everything on 9/26. The system showed no progress until 10/18 when it changed to all green except "print pending" was yellow. On 10/21, all went green and it changed to "mailed". It still isn't here.

Asking those who've been through it, how long did it take from the status change to the time you received your LTC?

Yeah, I have trouble with patience.
    Once mine changed to "print pending", I checked it several times a day. It changed to "mailed" 2 pm on the same day it was delivered to my house.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Waiting for documents from government entities can be an interesting thing.

I applied for my passport on a Monday. It was waiting in my mail box when I got home on Tuesday. (Maybe Wednesday? Nah, I think it was the next day.)

IOW, there's lots of variability.

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I received my LTC today!

I've been very impressed at how efficiently the DPS processes everything here, especially compared to California. My driver's license came very quiet, my CDL printed and mailed very quickly and every endorsement acquired since then came very quickly as well.

The speed of issuing my LTC was unprecedented in my experience. From taking the course to having the LTC in my hand was literally a month. My Virginia CHL took a week but mostly because I worked in a court related capacity and simply walked the form into a judge's chamber for signature. A CHL in California took 11 months, listed the handguns I was allowed to carry (space for 4 on the card) and I would have to reapply- from ground zero- if I moved to a different county. And that's if the county I moved to was ruled by a Sheriff who would issue CHLs, some don't or the would ONLY if you received favorable attention from the Sheriff. The recently elected Sheriff in my former county is far better than the last one; the old Sheriff didn't issue CHLs unless you were "connected" or a donor. The new guy runs the CHL application process like Texas, but slower. Course, application, fingerprints, background check and, ten months to a year later, boom. CHL issued.

I'm so relieved to be here.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Sweet! Where I used to live in MA they do not issue LTCs. And you have to have a FID card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I received my LTC today!

The speed of issuing my LTC was unprecedented in my experience. From taking the course to having the LTC in my hand was literally a month.
    They have come a long way in speeding up the process for the LTC. When I got my LTC 6 years ago, it took them 70 days to get it to me after I had submitted all the paper work. That was pretty much the norm back then.

Top Bottom