Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    also gets around a felon with a gun to I believe
    I read, quite a while ago and there's no way I could find it again, that felons in Texas were prohibited from even owning black powder firearms. I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I read, quite a while ago and there's no way I could find it again, that felons in Texas were prohibited from even owning black powder firearms. I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong.
    Texas law prohibits felons from owning firearms for 5 years after their sentence has been served and even then only in their home for self defense(infringement???) but as a pre-1898 style BP gun is not a "firearm" there are a few felons that will carry one much like open carry advocates did before open carry was allowed.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Reactions: gll

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

how is this not a "sawed off shotgun"​

(5)
    The term “shotgun” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger.

It is not intended to be fired from the shoulder.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    (3) "Firearm" means any device designed, made, or adapted to expel a projectile through a barrel by using the energy generated by an explosion or burning substance or any device readily convertible to that use. Firearm does not include a firearm that may have, as an integral part, a folding knife blade or other characteristics of weapons made illegal by this chapter and that is:
    (A) an antique or curio firearm manufactured before 1899; or
    (B) a replica of an antique or curio firearm manufactured before 1899, but only if the replica does not use rim fire or center fire ammunition.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Before I new it was a muzzle loader I still thought of the judge. There are multiple reasons it's not a SBS.

Reactions: Me
    Top Bottom