How has your firearm preferences changed over the years?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    My firearm preferences have changed over the years as my disposable incomes changes.
    For the majority of my 72 years a Government 1911 by Colt or Springfield in 45 ACP was my gun of choice.
    First fell in love with the Colt 1911 while I was in the Army back in 1968. Recently I have had to downgrade to a 9mm 1911. I don't feel comfortable with the 45 ACP recoil.
    My current collection includes 1911s, Glocks, CZs, and assorted rifles. My favorite is a custom built Remington in 6.5 Creedmore. Moderate felt recoil and extreme accuracy. Best grouping so far is a dime size 5 shot group at 100 yards. A younger person with better vision could probably do better.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I a 76yo Texas hunter who is beginning to warm up to the idea of AR style rifles, this after I recently purchased a silencer thru the Silencer Shop. It is interesting how time changes ones perspective on things. :)

Welcome to the Forum!

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I think the only thing that changed, was I preferred the AK47 WAY more than the AR. Now I am in love with both. Still a soft spot for my first AK, so I guess I'd take that over any of my other rifles, but it doesn't matter otherwise.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think the only thing that changed, was I preferred the AK47 WAY more than the AR. Now I am in love with both. Still a soft spot for my first AK, so I guess I'd take that over any of my other rifles, but it doesn't matter otherwise.
    Sure, remind me that I have a rifle I need to try out at the range. Hopefully this weekend I'll get the chance to shoot that M10X, not an AK, but the mags and rounds are the same.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Sure, remind me that I have a rifle I need to try out at the range. Hopefully this weekend I'll get the chance to shoot that M10X, not an AK, but the mags and rounds are the same.

OOH nice. Have fun man. Let us know how you like it. I have to go zero my new 12.5" upper. I actually built it with my 9 year old daughter. She kept me from trying stupid things. Kept me focused.

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    When I first started it was the amount of guns I had and now it’s the quality.

10 years ago I may have bought 3 to 4 guns a year but now I may buy one really nice gun and if I buy a second one it’s typically some sort of new pistol to go along with a custom rifle topped with high end glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    When I first started it was the amount of guns I had and now it’s the quality.

10 years ago I may have bought 3 to 4 guns a year but now I may buy one really nice gun and if I buy a second one it’s typically some sort of new pistol to go along with a custom rifle topped with high end glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was how I started out too......had to liquidate my first collection......wish I had a few of them back....but am now rebuilding....and trying for quantity....i mean quality....lol

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I grew up in Virginia and was a bolt action, blued steel and wood kind of guy- Remington 700's and S&W/Colt revolvers. After I moved to California and that state became progressively more anti-gun, I started buying and building everything they wanted to ban. Now I'm an autoloader addict; AR and AK type rifles, 1911's, Glocks and other semiauto pistols.

I guess I want what they don't want me to have. I never even thought about a bump stock until Trump EO'ed them into felony territory. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if the ban gets overturned or a legal workaround is found.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I grew up in Virginia and was a bolt action, blued steel and wood kind of guy- Remington 700's and S&W/Colt revolvers. After I moved to California and that state became progressively more anti-gun, I started buying and building everything they wanted to ban. Now I'm an autoloader addict; AR and AK type rifles, 1911's, Glocks and other semiauto pistols.

I guess I want what they don't want me to have. I never even thought about a bump stock until Trump EO'ed them into felony territory. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if the ban gets overturned or a legal workaround is found.
    Way mo betta than a bumpstock!
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/fostech-echo-trigger/

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom