Guns International

How do you REALLY feel about plastic guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    I want to preface this by saying, all my semi handguns are plastic, I shoot glocks and m&p’s and every plastic gun I have ever shot did so just fine HOWEVER, if there was an all steel gun out there that could provide me with all of the same amenities that my glocks/ m&p’s do, I would carry that. I prefer the overall feel of steel guns as well as the weight. I dont care about pistol weight honestly.

I would like to know what everyone else thinks though.
    DK Firearms

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I only own one polymer pistol which is a ruger sr22. I prefer metal

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    5oK3hHU.gif

I don't mind polymer guns and own several. I like the ability to have interchangeable backstraps. Being able to easily DIY grip reductions and changes is pretty cool. The weight savings are nice for carry.

I still like shooting my all metal framed guns better and feel I shoot them a bit better as well.

Attachments

• 5oK3hHU.gif
      5oK3hHU.gif
      687.4 KB · Views: 467

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I remember a time when real men (at least they thought of themselves that way) would say the only guns for real men are blued steel revolvers. That kind of morphed into blued steel semi-auto pistols & revolvers. It was somewhat before the age of so called plastic guns but the reason they were saying it then is much the same as it is today when some claim plastic guns are garbage. The reason back the was the emergence of pistols with steel slides and aluminum alloy frames. Oh those trashy aluminum frames, they claimed, were sure to be broken or pin holes would be widened by steel pins, parts would be falling off, frames would be cracking left and right and the guns would wind up proving themselves worthless in no time. Sure, their have been some failures but I am still waiting to see that time that pistols with alloy frames are worthless as compared to blued steel pistols. Nowadays you don't hear much about those trashy aluminum alloy frames.

Same thing then essentially happened with polymer framed pistols and even rifles today. The funny thing about that though is you hear a lot of complaining about pistols with polymer frames and not so much about rifles or carbines with them. Of course, just about the most whining, moaning and groaning you hear is from Glock haters whether justified or not (then again the same goes in reverse for Glock lovers - they give the loudest and the most praise - that is until you hear from a 1911 lover).

That was just me, making my observations known - not supporting or complaining about any particular gun or that from what they are made.

Nowadays, there are several choices you can go for when it comes to the materials that make up your handgun(s). I have some of the various types I just mentioned - all steel (except for grips), steel & aluminum alloy, and polymer framed guns. I like them all so long as they work well. I even like one that is basically absolute a POS gun -my RG26. I bought one not that long ago due to the fact my first handgun was one but gotten rid of long ago so, it was a nostalgic purchase. Not a pistol I ever expect to carry. I will say, if I ever really expected to live through Armageddon - I'd prefer to have an all steel pistol after seeing the shape of some polymer framed pistols pulled from the wreckage of the Custom House after 9/11. What was it the WWW said - I'm melting, melting - oh what a world! I also like the heft of steel pistols. Still though I like them all as long as they are reliably good.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    My EDC and bedside guns are aluminum framed. Have had polymer guns in both roles at various points. I like all of the above ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I have 2 plastic guns, a Ruger LC9 and a Glock 19 Gen 5. I like the LC9, the Glock eats my finger so not much to like. I carry a 642 revolver. If I was to carry in a holster instead of pocket I would most likely carry a lightweight commander or Model 19 revolver.

Top Bottom