• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

codeman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    TX
    KAK, I think you should stand up for what you believe in. I suggest you hire the best and most expensive lawyer you can find and fight this ticket for as long as it takes. If anyone deserves to beat this it’s you.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    You are clueless. Thanks be to God my family doesn't have to drive on the roads you speed on. You haven't a clue what being oppressed is. I now remember why they made the legal age for buying guns and alcohol 21....

Oh my goodness a person who drives 11 miles an hour over the speed limit the horror!!!

You are a giant drama queen. Don't even act like you've never got a speeding ticket for 11 over.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    It would make it harder for the cop to remember exactly what happened, which might help the defense.
    its all on video....video won't forget. I'm sure the attorneys (that everyone on here regularly hold in disdain for everything else) will be glad to tell you what you want to hear in exchange for your cash. Judges rarely let a traffic ticket get reset for 2 years.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I for one have never paid a ticket (7 tickets since I was 17 various things) not because of lack of respect for the law but because up until now I have always had more time than money, the odd thing is is I have never been picked up on any of them nore has any of them ever gone to warrant.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    We have a 20 year old kid with a chip on he shoulder masquerading as some kind of oppressed martyr. Fighting unjust laws and fighting a well deserved ticket are apples and oranges. You want to fight any and everything you label as "oppression" whether the label fits or not. It is YOU who sound like the liberal who refuses to take any personal responsibility for his actions. Please go tell the judge "I don't believe in speed limits"....please.

I am completely taking full responsibility. I understand that I broke the law. I would like to not have to pay the fine, even though I deserve it.

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    Cemetary's and Jails are full of folks that believed the traffic laws didn't apply to them.

Sadly, these same twits are what make me have to pay more for my insurance.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Cemetary's and Jails are full of folks that believed the traffic laws didn't apply to them.

Sadly, these same twits are what make me have to pay more for my insurance.
    +1
    But it is difficult to explain that to some folks. I find it interesting that some people are so ate up with hating the "government" that any and every rule that society has imposed is somehow a way to steal our freedom or violate our rights. That "speed limits are only there for revenue" is such an easily defeated position, that anyone with even a little bit of knowledge about the legal system knows it to be a hollow argument.

My view has nothing to do with my career. It has to do with the fact that my kids are out there on the road. I have scraped up more people off the road in my time than anyone should have to. All of them thought there was nothing wrong with whatever traffic law they were violating. And beyond that, once you splatter yourself someone has to go tell your parents that their son is gone, because he thought his radar detector would keep him safe, but that Peterbuilt full of oilfield pipe had a different thought on the subject. As you can imagine this is an aspect of the job that sucks. So we would appreciate you slowing down and not tasking us with having to do it.

BTW...you radar detector will get you more citations than it ever saves you from.

I challenge you to print out this thread and read it again in 15 years and see if you feel the same way

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Let me also point out that with no speed limits there would be no "speeding". Remember that the autobahn is the safest highway system in the world. Why is this? Beause people dont need the government to tell them what to do. They self regulate. There is always going to be an asshole that screws stuff up. Like the arizona shooter, or that dickbeat that hit that guys daughter.

The Autobahn is limited to speeds slower than the US highway system in / near cities and towns. Having driven on the Autobahn, there's some things alot of people don't get in the United States.

1) German drivers maintain lane discipline. This is something that is incredibly lacking in the US. On the Autobahn the left lane is STRICTLY for passing only, in the US it's the "fast lane" ... yeah ... something like that.

2) The Autobahn has long and developed merging lanes that ramp up the speed limit as you near the unrestricted Autobahn.

3) Most people drive slow to avoid excessive fuel consumption.

4) German drivers actually have training before they are qualified to drive, and at 18 ... not 16.

In the US, fuel costs 1/3rd the price and the drivers are significantly worse. You're going to have a large number of idiots doing 100 - 120 MPH down the highway simply because they can. Bear in mind that most people can't even control a car on wet pavement at speed, much less getting loose on dry at 80 MPH. The amount of aerodynamic lift and unloading associated with 20 MPH of gain at higher speeds is quite a bit, the reaction times are cut down significantly, and ultimately the car will react faster than the unaware driver.

That's the reality of speeding. It's fine and dandy until something else happens. It could be another driver, it could be wildlife, it could be a kid, it could be anything. When you remove the limit the difference in traffic speeds increases greatly, and frankly that difference is what is dangerous. Hell we already got 70 MPH limits on most sections of highway.

I've done street racing for years, done speeds upwards of 160 MPH on numerous highways in the Austin area (in cars), spun off the road a couple times, hell, I've taken exit ramps off the highway at 90+ MPH and gotten air. I've done my fair share of automobile acrobatics, so basically I'm a big hypocrite, but I've also been there, done that, and I'm here to say that you'll grow out of it.

In the meantime, be a man, pay your ticket, and go on about your life. You'll just tire yourself out trying to fight crusades at every waking opportunity.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    A lot of people are assuming speed limit laws are for our protection (sometimes) rather than generating income. There is a world of difference between going a few miles over and driving recklessly. It's important we make that distinguishment before anybody gets any angrier.

Speed limits = Malum prohibitum

Driving recklessly = Malum in se

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    its all on video....video won't forget.

I've been told BCSO deletes all traffic stop video unless it pertains to a DUI or some other major crime. Again, this was by an attorney friend who didn't represent me. Last time I was arrested the car I rode in didn't even have a camera!

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    BTW...you radar detector will get you more citations than it ever saves you from.

I don't have one of these because I rarely speed, but what does one get ticketed for with one of these? Do the cops just tack on other offenses because they don't like radar detectors? Last I read radar detectors were legal.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I do not believe in utter negligence, just because I dont believe in speed limits. Im sorry for your loss; But like with guns here is proof that the speed limit law did nothing to save your daughter.

For the record the alleged speed was 41 in a 30.

I don't believe in theft laws. PLease tell me where you live.

And your comments towards Jon Payne are pathetic and in extreme poor taste. The only other respose I have towards you would cause the ban hammer to fall, so I'll just stop now. The word "contempt" comes to mind

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I don't have one of these because I rarely speed.

Answered your own question.

A radar detector insinuates that you're a habitual speeder. Ultimately, it's up to the cop to decide to cite you, or give you a warning. He's not going to pull you over because you weren't speeding and had a radar detector.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom