DK Firearms

How different are you from your brother?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My brother is like 7 years older then I am. Growing up the old man & he were big time into models. String line air planes, r/c air planes & mechanical things. My age difference had me at a disadvantage.

My brother liked working far better then I ever did too. Needless to say his job gave him all the ot he could want and he went for it. My brother is a lot better financially than me.

Last night I gave him a call because someone has to die for him to call. Last year he bought a Hit or Miss engine and set about restoring it. His new project is a Maytag model 72 engine
    Gun Zone Deals

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My brother and I are different, but in many ways much more alike than different. He and I have always had each other's back when things got bad. There were many times when it was just he and I because for many years our father was a single parent and working to support us. We have always taken care of each other over the years. And there were times we fought like brothers as well. I will say being brothers is a complicated relationship.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My brother is 13 years older than me. He had a photographic memory, had commendations from the Navy (23 years in) for a few different things. He spoke 4 languages. We had different dads. He never met his, and it affected him. And he didn't get along with my dad.

I would say in general we were very different generally, and yet we both ended up as accountants. Always admired and respected him. But it seemed he had a burr under his saddle I am not sure he ever made peace with.

He died in his late 40s. Most years I go to his grave on or near his birthday and talk to him while I drink his favorite beer.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    The joke is that Mom slept with the UPS driver. We all know that’s not true, but me and my two siblings could not be any more different. I’m the oldest, next is two years younger, and the last is seven years younger. All boys. If you look at characteristics from both sides of the family, one can easily see we are related. But put us in a line up, and there are absolutely no similar characteristics both in appearance or In interests.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I have two biological brothers that I am aware of.

First is a year older. Never met him. Grandparents forced my mother to give the baby up for adoption at birth. No records - despite grandparents being fastidious record keepers, even so much so that they kept all their love-letters to one another in a three ring binder, and had vehicle registration reciepts from the mid 1970's. My mother won't talk about my brother or the situation revolving around him, except to say the father is *not* who everyone claims he is. Working theory? My grandfather (her step dad) raped her and made her give up the baby, who was sold to people my grandparents knew, but who were not in their close circle of friends. It was 1980 - way easier to pull that shit off and claim home birth, than it would be today. No DNA tests, no massive computer databases.

My younger brother is from another mother - we share a dad. He's half Mexican. He's a bit shorter (but still way tall for a Mexican at 6 feet) and has WAAAAY better hair and looks. He also is huge into NASCAR and football, while I could care less about team sportsball or dudes driving in left hand circles for four hours. We're both naturally introverted and suffer from procrastination, but the procrastination gene hit him way harder. He's also way more into cars, loves pickups and muscle cars, loud exhausts, has a Tim Taylor-esque facination with "more power" - meanwhile I spent about 16 years of my life working and moving cars and could give a shit about them, save for wanting something reliable (why I drive a Toyota and not a Chrysler product) and comfortable.

I'm still getting to know my lil bro honestly. We're so far apart in age - I'm 3 months shy of 41, he just turned 20 at the end of January - there is not a whole hell of a lot of common ground yet.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    My brothers are 4 and 8 years older. Compared to all other people we are more similar to our Dad and each other, both physically and attitudinally. Not saying we don't have differences, but I think those are more the result of circumstance than genetics.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Have an older brother. He is five years ahead of me. While our politics are similar we never really got on very well. We rarely speak. No hard feelings on my end. Might hear from him once or twice a year.
    He doesn’t speak to our two younger sisters at all.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I have two biological brothers that I am aware of.

First is a year older. Never met him. Grandparents forced my mother to give the baby up for adoption at birth. No records - despite grandparents being fastidious record keepers, even so much so that they kept all their love-letters to one another in a three ring binder, and had vehicle registration reciepts from the mid 1970's. My mother won't talk about my brother or the situation revolving around him, except to say the father is *not* who everyone claims he is. Working theory? My grandfather (her step dad) raped her and made her give up the baby, who was sold to people my grandparents knew, but who were not in their close circle of friends. It was 1980 - way easier to pull that shit off and claim home birth, than it would be today. No DNA tests, no massive computer databases.

My younger brother is from another mother - we share a dad. He's half Mexican. He's a bit shorter (but still way tall for a Mexican at 6 feet) and has WAAAAY better hair and looks. He also is huge into NASCAR and football, while I could care less about team sportsball or dudes driving in left hand circles for four hours. We're both naturally introverted and suffer from procrastination, but the procrastination gene hit him way harder. He's also way more into cars, loves pickups and muscle cars, loud exhausts, has a Tim Taylor-esque facination with "more power" - meanwhile I spent about 16 years of my life working and moving cars and could give a shit about them, save for wanting something reliable (why I drive a Toyota and not a Chrysler product) and comfortable.

I'm still getting to know my lil bro honestly. We're so far apart in age - I'm 3 months shy of 41, he just turned 20 at the end of January - there is not a whole hell of a lot of common ground yet.
    Go shooting

Top Bottom