Gun Zone Deals

How about those workout tracking watches?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    After some retrospect, I decided it was time to be more active. I bought my wife and brother Garmin HR watches during the last year, and the reviews have been very positive.

I have also discussed Apple Watch with a few people that were wearing them. They really seem like the cats meow, but I just can’t get over the fact that they have to charge daily.
    So, the Garmin has a good smartphone package. I think that its most interesting aspect is a week long battery life. Decent heart rate and step tracking, not to mention they are awesome for displaying text messages and new email.
    I could never commit to wearing either one. At CES 2020 a new competitor showed up that I have never heard of. Withings demoed a watch that recorded heart rate, gps with a smartphone nearby, but the most amazing thing is a 24/7 EKG. Too good to be true? Maybe. I have not seen one since they will not be available until Q2 2020. But I will buy one.
    I am working out now so I bought one of their recent models. What appealed to me is the 28 day battery life with 24/7 heart rate monitoring. There is value to me for a watch that takes care of my fitness needs and still shows me texts from my phone, with a 28 day battery life between charges.
    I will still buy a ScanWatch with the EKG when available. (Also 28 day battery)

After a month, I am still getting my 8k steps a day. It is nice having a device that gives me enough info to keep me going.
    Venture Surplus ad

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    There's no one watch that meets everyone's needs. My wife is on her fourth Garmin, and even then she has her preferences within their offerings. Battery life and 'workout' length are her current biggest limitations, but she's an edge case - she runs 50+ mile races, 24 hour races, stuff like that. I have an Apple Watch, and it's great for the zero exercise I do.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Withings has created what I truly believe is an amazing product. Let me assure you that I have never heard of them until a month ago. I also have no affiliation with them except for buying their watch.

It appears that Nokia had bought them and the released them. I bought a black on black watch and decided that a white watch face is better for me. No problem. A 30 day no question return policy is enviable in today’s economy.

SlimJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    US
    I got the Fitbit 2 and like it much better than I thought I would. $100 and last for 3-4 days on a charge. Mine is the lite version without GPS or MP3 .
    I had a first gen Apple watch but damn if that battery sucked.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have been a fan of the Samsung watches. I have the most recent one, and it does more than I need
    It has 2 to 3 days battery life, but I drop it on the charger when I go to bed.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ve had Garmin products going back to at least 2008; it’s pretty cool to see the run I took while in Dar es Salaam back then. Started with forerunner series and mover over to the VivoHR, I think it is now.

I didn’t think I’d appreciate the ‘smart’ functions, but our 2FA system at work has an app and the guys with iWatches can use the app on the watch, which is convenient.

I find it easier to keep my phone completely silenced almost all the time and rely on the watch solely to know if I need to touch the phone...it’s much less intrusive/rude that way then seeing everyone check their phones when another email comes in.

I’ll probably swap to an iWatch this year, though as the convenience seems nice.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I worked out for many years and never knew I needed a watch for it. I'm sure it helps. Not being derogatory, just not sure how much it helps.
    Back in the 80s (just guessing here)
    The only information about training was in books and magazines
    Tech has changed everything by the sharing of knowledge.
    The watches help you by collecting data about your personal training.
    Tracking and estimating calorie burn, heart rate and even sleep cycles.
    The more you know, the more you can measure,fine tune and change , with the goal to improve your life.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom