Houston police: 4 officers wounded, 2 of 3 suspects dead

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
Wow, the union lobs a grenade into Oggs lap. Holy cow. Surprising they would issue that statement. Its one thing to say the guys are innocent, and an entirely different thing to accuse Ogg of corruption. They can forget about any deals.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Wow, the union lobs a grenade into Oggs lap. Holy cow. Surprising they would issue that statement. Its one thing to say the guys are innocent, and an entirely different thing to accuse Ogg of corruption. They can forget about any deals.
Why is it surprising?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
Not a great strategy for opposing attorneys to accuse a DA of corruption. Its generally a great idea to have some kind of professional courtesy, at least publicly.

There are lots of land mines in this case, and lots of further charges could still be made. If they were smart they would work for plea deals. She has a crap ton of evidence already, and more to sort through. Pissing her off is not a good idea. Corruption is a serious charge. Its not like saying shes not good at her job. They are accusing her of a crime.

Sasquatch

Apr 20, 2020
Magnolia
Sounds like a clusterfuck and a half. The police union surely stepped on their own dick on this one too - the DA is probably a turd, but their press release just assured that as long as she's the DA, every use of force that is anything but absolute cut & dry is going to get charged, and even those that should be righteous are going to get charged, and there won't be plea deals for bad shootings or corruption charges - the later which is honestly good for the civilians. Punish the bad cops to the max.

Top Bottom