Guns International

Houston Area Swap Meet - All things shooting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Not much interest from the gallery. I threw it out there and no takers for hosting. I don’t have room in my neighborhood to park 3 cars. If someone with room to park and put up some tables would volunteer.
    Capitol Armory ad

KSPony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2022
    Katy
    Not much interest from the gallery. I threw it out there and no takers for hosting. I don’t have room in my neighborhood to park 3 cars. If someone with room to park and put up some tables would volunteer.
    If I can catch my boss in a good mood I'll try to convince him on using the parking lot where I work. But not holding my breath on that one.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    10ring is having an informal swap meeting this coming Sunday(20th) in the parking lot in front of the store starting at 11am.
    I sas going to go but I got called out to work that day.
    I have never been to this before so I can’t say how well attended it is or anything. It might be three old guys with a table of junk or something better.
    It’s for reloading gear only. The flyer I have says No Gun Sales in the parking lot.

Nofir55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2016
    Katy Texas
    10ring is having an informal swap meeting this coming Sunday(20th) in the parking lot in front of the store starting at 11am.
    I sas going to go but I got called out to work that day.
    I have never been to this before so I can’t say how well attended it is or anything. It might be three old guys with a table of junk or something better.
    It’s for reloading gear only. The flyer I have says No Gun Sales in the parking lot.
    Thank You for the details Moonpie
    I'll be there, not sure if I'll be selling but as an interested buyer for sure.

BTW if anyone in the forum is planning on bringing stuff to sell, maybe you can post it here before and line up some buyers.

Last edited:

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    I'm definitely interested! I would attend the meet at 10-ring, except that I'll be in Tennessee that day. I would much prefer to deal with private sellers than be raped at gun shows.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The flyer I have says No Gun Sales in the parking lot.
    Is there any way you could cut-n-paste that flyer to this thread?

I'm interested in the details since I plan to be there. If the folks at 10Ring want, for example, for folks to register ahead of time, that would be good to know. Also, start times and other misc. I don't see any info on their website.

I'll be bringing a NIB Hornady brass vibratory cleaner and ~50 pounds of gunpowder - SR4759, 4895, and Trail Boss.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Is there any way you could cut-n-paste that flyer to this thread?

I'm interested in the details since I plan to be there. If the folks at 10Ring want, for example, for folks to register ahead of time, that would be good to know. Also, start times and other misc. I don't see any info on their website.

I'll be bringing a NIB Hornady brass vibratory cleaner and ~50 pounds of gunpowder - SR4759, 4895, and Trail Boss.
    0969314D-B07E-4DD4-BA26-CB3765FD3C13.jpeg

2C41A79E-FFCE-43B5-8066-718F3B2EDB05.jpeg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You got it. If the weather is as miserable as today I'll still go. If it's much worse, well, that will give me pause.

That said, I've already loaded the car. :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Interesting day so far.

There are never more than ~20 people in attendance and only 8 sellers. Selling was lively, though. The guy next to me sold 15K+ primers at ~$70/1K. His powder went for $30/lb and not much moved. I unloaded 16 pounds of 4895 for $250 and 5 pounds of Trail Boss for $150. My powder sold quickly but I couldn't move a 1K case of CCI 9mm for $200 nor a Hornady NIB M-1 tumbler for $50.

Not bad. I'll try to be back next time but I'll bring a lot more stuff.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The swap meet sorta drifted apart by 1PM although I imagine that a few seller are probably still there. Nothing changed from what I posted above.

I will note that one attendee said this meet was about 1/3 the size they usually are.

Nofir55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2016
    Katy Texas
    I only had time to do one stop at each seller's and inspect the goods. I did expect bigger crowd though.

We need to do a better job of spreading the word next time.

Top Bottom