Venture Surplus ad

Houston Area Swap Meet - All things shooting?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KSPony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2022
    Katy
    Anybody aware of any Houston area swap meets for firearm related items? Would be nice to have a face to face event to buy, sell, trade items on a periodic basis.
    Venture Surplus ad

KSPony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2022
    Katy
    Yes I was thinking of maybe something like a local range having designated dates like a neighborhood garage sale.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    10ring has a tailgate meet at least once a year.

Pretty much all of the private clubs have some sort of swap meet throughout the year but you'd have to join one.

Shilen has a pretty good one every spring if you want to make a trip north to Ennis.

None of these are huge events but I've seen better deals at tailgates than at the gunshow since it's all private sellers.

KSPony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2022
    Katy
    10ring has a tailgate meet at least once a year.

Pretty much all of the private clubs have some sort of swap meet throughout the year but you'd have to join one.

Shilen has a pretty good one every spring if you want to make a trip north to Ennis.

None of these are huge events but I've seen better deals at tailgates than at the gunshow since it's all private sellers.
    Thanks for the info. Defiantly would like to join a private club. Just haven't found the right fit yet from what I've found so far.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Thanks for the info. Defiantly would like to join a private club. Just haven't found the right fit yet from what I've found so far.
    Well you have three in the Houston area. Bayou Rifles, PSC shooting club and Bay Area shooting club. There's also the The Ranch out in Eagle Lake. I really like PSC and Bay Area. I don't get to PSC often because I have to fight Houston traffic to get there.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I wonder if we could have our own swap meet. If we could get a member with an out-of-town location to let us setup at his place. I would think that, like myself, most of us have alot of friends and family who are gun lovers that would attend. I always have guns for sale and I’m always buying more.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I was in 10ring.com just the other day. The guy running the shop told me they still do the swap meet but it isn’t very frequent. I put my name on the invite list.
    Their meet up is mostly about reloading stuff. Pretty sure pew-pews are included.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Well you have three in the Houston area.
    That depends on how you define "area."

KSPony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2022
    Katy
    FYI
    "10 Ring" is having a swap meet on Sunday 11/20/2022 at 10:00 AM, they are at 12779 Jones Rd, Houston, TX 77070
    I did not see any info on the website though.
    Thanks for the heads up. Might have to see if I can get some stuff together for that one if I can make it.

KSPony

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2022
    Katy
    I wonder if we could have our own swap meet. If we could get a member with an out-of-town location to let us setup at his place. I would think that, like myself, most of us have alot of friends and family who are gun lovers that would attend. I always have guns for sale and I’m always buying more.
    I'd defiantly be down for that. Planned on spending the Thanksgiving weekend going through everything and create a get rid of pile. My problem is I can't pass up a good deal if I see one whether I need it or not. Most of it falls under the NOT category and have a lot that has never been used. Time to clean house and regroup.

Top Bottom