ARJ Defense ad

Houston and Austin ain’t got no huevos????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    What is the problem down there???:confused:

Let’s shoot some Bulls-Eye!!!!

You guys need to step up and start having regular meets.

Ain’t got no huevos???

Usmcpmi he’s got a pair!!
    He’s ready!!!

What’s wrong with the rest of you?????

RANT - ON!!!
    DFW is ready every month and every month we find time to meet and shoot and then go eat and socialize. Every month we have a blast and almost every month we have new faces to join the group!

Hell yes this is a RANT!!!!:mad:

I just can’t conceive how fellow Texans, gun and food lovers can’t find a few hours each month to come together and enjoy their common interest!!!!
    People show interest but no one is willing to take a few minutes to coordinate the group and steer everyone together.

I can say this with out any reservations that if one of you got a pair and took the effort to bring your fellow team members together, in three of four shoots you would not have to do much of anything else.
    And don't play the "I don't have time " card!
    We all have families and other interest!

If any of you ever come up here and shoot with us in DFW you will see how much fun and comradely there is here and find yourself just as perplexed as I am right now why you guys down there can’t make it happen.

So if ya got a pair – step up – be heard – speak out - get active with in your city and group!!!

DFW is ready any time, any day, any year!!

RANT - OFF

Gun Zone Deals

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    GM left his at home, he can't do anything without a permission slip.

Starting this month, I will be able to get a Houston team fielded. TXSUT was going to handle things but went in for a gender change. We haven't heard from him since.

EDIT: BTW, anyone interested in taking a road trip to meet the Dallas shooters the last Sunday of September needs confirm. I can fit a total of 5 in my truck. 308nato and Sarp have expressed an interest & reserved a spot.

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Mad Mo, Sounds like a plan, come Hell or High water, I WILL be on the road to DFW to shoot at the end of the month. It is in SHARPIE on the calendar. I'll P/M you for directions. MG

hk boy

Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I agree with what King said, "we look forward to meeting and shooting at you guys".
    I mean shooting with you guys

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    hk boy, Sorry, been there done that... don't really like the sound of in comming fire. It gets me upset... But I will pack a few things along with the 1911. Look forward to meeting all of Ya'll. MG

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Mad Mo, Well this is going to be interesting....I put a new set of sights on the 1911 and finally took it out and shot it today. All rounds about a foot high at 15 yards...:banghead: And this was the tallest front sight Midway offered. Looks like I'll have to silver solder an extension on the front sight to get it in the black. I'll keep ya up to date on the mess. MG

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Mad Mo, Well this is going to be interesting....I put a new set of sights on the 1911 and finally took it out and shot it today. All rounds about a foot high at 15 yards...:banghead: And this was the tallest front sight Midway offered. Looks like I'll have to silver solder an extension on the front sight to get it in the black. I'll keep ya up to date on the mess. MG
    Man that's wild.
    Yep, keeps us updated.
    Hope you get the sight issue fixed!

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Mad Mo, Oh I'll get it fixed alright.... I picked up some silver solder and paste today, I've already fabricated a new piece to add to the existing sight. I'll put it on tonight and let you know if I did any good. MG

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I've got a very reliable Rossi 44 spl but the sights are all jacked up.
    I either have to modify the rear adjustable sights or move the blade in the barrel.
    Probably the easiest is move the blade but I don't have access to a Bridgeport mill any more.
    Being stainless steel hand filing is out of the question and a smith wants to much money.
    The sight is pined on so I am thinking built up one side with silver and file down the other side effectively moving the blade over.
    Got any thoughts?????

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Mad Mo, Bring the .44 to the shoot on the 27th. and I'll take a look. Sounds easy enough to fix. BTW... FIXED MINE!!! Added .125 to the front sight today and just finished sighting it back in. Now it will do it's part, all I have to do is do mine. MG

New piece silver soldered on...

Slide cleaned and ready for re-blue..

Done

Ready to shoot.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Mad Mo, Bring the .44 to the shoot on the 27th. and I'll take a look. Sounds easy enough to fix. BTW... FIXED MINE!!! Added .125 to the front sight today and just finished sighting it back in. Now it will do it's part, all I have to do is do mine. MG

New piece silver soldered on...

Slide cleaned and ready for re-blue..

Done

Ready to shoot.

Very nice and I'll bring it.
    Oh yeah and the gun too!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I agree with what King said, "we look forward to meeting and shooting at you guys".
    I mean shooting with you guys

Yeah, what they said.

I'm all primed with an itchy trigger finger....something about a raccoon living twice and no takers on a free dumpster buffet.

Top Bottom