• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Universities need to do away with the tenure system. Until that happens, professors will never be held accountable for the political garbage they spew.

For the most part, I think most colleges and universities are huge waste of money and talent. How many actually attend to get an education? I see more than a few that have plenty of time to protest and spend time making declarations of things they want changed.

And the staff and the teachers? They spend more time changing minds and morals, instead of teaching.

If I woke up tomorrow, and learned that every college and university disappeared over night, I can't say that I would be an unhappy person.
    ARJ Defense ad

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Universities need to do away with the tenure system. Until that happens, professors will never be held accountable for the political garbage they spew.

You assume that the administration would hold them accountable for the political garbage they spew? Bad assumption. The admin is as liberal as anyone.

At this point, eliminating tenure would just ensure that the few remaining conservative professors were fired.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    For the most part, I think most colleges and universities are huge waste of money and talent. How many actually attend to get an education? I see more than a few that have plenty of time to protest and spend time making declarations of things they want changed.

And the staff and the teachers? They spend more time changing minds and morals, instead of teaching.

If I woke up tomorrow, and learned that every college and university disappeared over night, I can't say that I would be an unhappy person.
    That is going too far, A, and you probably know it.

A person does not come out of HS with the knowledge to perform engineering, surgery, etc.

Yes, many degrees are wasted effort/money. And we need to continue the Trump administration's emphasis on vocational education (although he sunk that boat himself). But some college educations are important.

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    This IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE:

Biden is going to use Executive Action banning any “assault rifles” AR’s or Ak’s .223 up to .308!
    Second: No magazine capacity over 10 rds!
    Third: any shouldered firearm that has a muzzle velocity over 2000 FPS!
    Well, guess what people, Shotgun Joe, and his diatribes are sending us back to the early 1800’s, when black powder was king, and nothing shot over 2000 FPS.

I wonder when we can expect knocks on our doors from the jack booted thugs aka the FBI, and other Government law enforcement agencies?!?

Hawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Angry
    Reactions: gll

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    This IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE:

Biden is going to use Executive Action banning any “assault rifles” AR’s or Ak’s .223 up to .308!
    Second: No magazine capacity over 10 rds!
    Third: any shouldered firearm that has a muzzle velocity over 2000 FPS!
    Well, guess what people, Shotgun Joe, and his diatribes are sending us back to the early 1800’s, when black powder was king, and nothing shot over 2000 FPS.

I wonder when we can expect knocks on our doors from the jack booted thugs aka the FBI, and other Government law enforcement agencies?!?

Hawk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you cite a source?

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    They are making a move on braced pistols...

109 Members of Congress Beg Biden to Add "Concealable Assault Weapons" to NFA

Read the letter here:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    "concealable"

Do you know how difficult it would be to conceal an AR-15 pistol? Jesus these people are daft.
    Why yes, I think they are...

Also, AR's being the main target by popularity, shorter barrels reduce velocity and the ability of 5.56mm (and other rounds) to penetrate body armor...

CdnPlinkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Registration worked out so well in Canada, that they abolished that law because no one was registering their stuff.

If Canadians reacted with that level of defiance, how do you think Americans will react?
    "Registration leads to confiscation" Sadly that truism is accurate. Since someone mentioned my home and native land, I'm going to jump in with a clarification.

While it's true that the 'long gun registry' enjoyed only about 50% compliance at best, that isn't how the registry became abandoned.

It took two consecutive Conservative mandates to achieve, and had to be presented to the House as a cost vs benefit argument, not based purely on principles.

After the Liberals' estimated $2M cost for the registry had swelled to over $2B and counting, data breaches threatening the security of gun owners, the violent crime rates being virtually unchanged, and responsible gun owners demonstrably not part of the problem, there was finally a business case for letting it go.

It was awesome to behold how the used market was suddenly flooded with shotguns and rifles after that measure took effect.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    stoic non-compliance seems like the most common mode of anti-authoritarianism here. That noisy defiance stuff is best left to people who actually have property rights, aka American citizens.
    Unfortunately we don't have much open defiance here either. There were a couple protests several years ago I think in OR and CO where people openly passed a 30rd magazine around to violate the magazine bans, but of course nothing came of it.

Usually what happens is people just comply or quietly hang onto their prohibited items and never use them again. What's really disgusting however is when someone is caught, you'll see people chiming into the story with "win stupid prizes" or "why not just register it" comments.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I might add, stoic non-compliance seems like the most common mode of anti-authoritarianism here. That noisy defiance stuff is best left to people who actually have property rights, aka American citizens. We subjects have to tread lightly.
    “Non-compliance”
    The left used to call that “civil disobedience”, and embraced it when they objected to what the more conservative establishment was doing two generations ago.
    It’s about time the center/right crowd adopted the same tactics to reject the oppressive dictates that the leftwing extremists have foisted on so many states in recent decades.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Unfortunately we don't have much open defiance here either. There were a couple protests several years ago I think in OR and CO where people openly passed a 30rd magazine around to violate the magazine bans, but of course nothing came of it.

Usually what happens is people just comply or quietly hang onto their prohibited items and never use them again. What's really disgusting however is when someone is caught, you'll see people chiming into the story with "win stupid prizes" or "why not just register it" comments.

I give my former mates in Oregon a little credit - when the Universal Background Check bullshit went into effect, a lot of gun folks came together in groups, and exchanged guns, bought & sold guns on the steps of the courthouses and capitol steps in protest of that stupid law, and to show how ineffective it is in reality. Some of them were video recorded and are out there on YouTube and other sites for posterity.

Its hard to get Oregon's non-radical lefties to come together come time to vote, especially to get them to rally behind one candidate - but they will stick a finger in the air to the Queen pretty readily.

CdnPlinkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Making sport of the registry was also popular for a time. People were registering staple guns, glue guns, caulking guns, etc. not to mention trading guns around between friends multiple times just to bury the cubicle dwellers in paperwork.

It wouldn't have taken very long after it was officially abandoned for it to become hopelessly outdated, even if some govt actors took it upon themselves to retain copies, against the express will of parliament. And there is some proof that is what happened.

Top Bottom