• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I went to the TGC safety meeting this morning and was told Hotwells has dropped their pistol & rifle ranges. No reason given.

I’m looking for verification on this please. Ten minutes +$10 beats 30-40 minutes driving if I’m only shooting a mag; at least it used to.
    Lynx Defense

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    They've been getting pounded by the subdivisions in the area about the "danger" of rounds exiting the property. Likely has something to do with not wanting to keep fighting that battle.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Isn’t there a shoot point blank close to Carter Country on Treaschwig?

I think their marketing Dept are building new ranges where there has been a proven customer base.

XBS1200

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2021
    Cypress, Tx
    Hi xdmikey. Sorry for the hijack. Could you please PM me (I am new and can't figure out how to PM members). Would love to speak with you regarding TGC. Thank you!

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Stray rounds come up periodically as an issue at the Garland Public Range also. And several years ago neighborhood encroachment put an end to the range in McKinney due to noise complaints. The owner fought them off with wins in court but eventually it just gets to be too much (expensive).

sb47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    It is shame a gun range that has been open since the late 1800's has to close because subdivisions have popped up and forced them to have to continue to fight to stay open.
    I grew up shooting there. I even use to swim in the big pool back in the 60's and 70's till the pool closed. It was one of my favorite ranges.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    Donovan didn’t get there soon enough.

The inmates were intermittently in charge when I moved here late ‘02. It was just Dallas and her mama and the savages would just laugh when she’d ask them to knock off the double-taps. Too bad the Sticks crew didn’t come in early and see that shitt.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Hot Wells was one place I shot pistol, in fact my avatar is a target I shot there.

Hotwells was our first range when I moved to the Houston area. My coworkers liked Hotwells over Carters and Thunder at the time. I used to sight in my deer rifle every season. The only good side is they still have shotgun leagues which my daughter does participate.

Last edited:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    It is shame a gun range that has been open since the late 1800's has to close because subdivisions have popped up and forced them to have to continue to fight to stay open.
    I grew up shooting there. I even use to swim in the big pool back in the 60's and 70's till the pool closed. It was one of my favorite ranges.
    A company I worked for had the same situation. Actually had a gun range just outside a small town but over the years, the town grew. Neighboring farmland was sold to developers and then homeowners began complaining about the noise. The company gave up and now it's a park.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom