Join TexasGunTalk

Hot [s]expletive deleted[/s] Wells - Houston

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by Dred, Oct 7, 2018.

1. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Everyone eventually figures that out when it comes to Carter's Country, the only range where I've ever heard of a shooter being thrown off the range for rapid fire while using a Ruger No. 1.

To be fair, I haven't been there in years. I hope they've gotten better.

leVieux likes this.
  2. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Vodak, The Choice of a New Generation TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    That is just impressive. I should make that a life goal.

TxStetson likes this.
  3. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The only thing that was impressive was the inattentiveness of the Range Officer on duty. Someone walked up to the 200 yard line (back when they had one) with an AR. There was only one other shooter, using the single shot, on the line. AR guy rips off 30 rounds into the backstop as fast as he can, tosses his rifle in his trunk and boogies out of there.

The Range Officer comes over looking for the source of the rapid fire, sees one shooter on the line, and throws him out. It didn't matter that the only rifle he had was a single shot. The RO wouldn't listen, management wouldn't listen, and Carter's lost another customer.

leVieux likes this.
  4. leVieux

leVieux Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"

Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    That's hilarious !

leVieux

5. xdmikey

xdmikey Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I haven't been to Carter's since they had give-away prices on their Fiocchi SRPs.

I'm considering Impact Zone. Pricey at $3XX/yr but it seems to be an anything goes kind of place. Downside of AG is are the other a$$holes going to step up when they f up?

At Mickey's in Dallas I never had any fear of that, only wild, rabid animals and robbers(it's been attempted, but not to me just at the place).