Join TexasGunTalk

Hot [s]expletive deleted[/s] Wells - Houston

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by Dred, Oct 7, 2018.

1. yellowfever

yellowfever New Member

Jan 21, 2019
    houston
    Does anyone know if this place is under new ownership or did they just change the name(HW Range Training Center)? I got conflicting answers when I visited there. One employee told me it was the same owners but with a new name but when I talked to Donovan Lamar; he informs me that he is the new owner and that the old owners are nowhere to be found.

2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum!

3. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    Pure speculation, but did they maybe need a new business entity after "the incident" ?

4. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    We are all pro 2nd amendment. We trade info on what scummy companies take away our rights. Except in our own backyard? Then its a safety issue. High insurance rates. Any excuse will do. Does the OPs range post 30.07 signage? So people like me can go elsewhere and avoid the drama.
    If a customer is legally carrying open or otherwise, a range is high on the list of places one should assume he will be welcomed. To not do so is the epitome of hypocrisy. We expect Rosey at the diner to see us coming and be ready to serve. She is expected to know a good guy that practices at the range, run by a two-faced Mac.
    Leaving was the right thing for the OP to have done. And avoiding the place like the plague is what the rest of us should do. Lets have another cup of hot hypocrisy.

5. sidebite252

sidebite252 Well-Known

Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I’m continually shocked by the stupidity & lack of plain ole common sense among humans.

6. yellowfever

yellowfever New Member

Jan 21, 2019
    houston
    The reason I ask about the new ownership is because they are not honoring gift cards issued under the Hot Wells name. If it is the same ownership then in my opinion they are stealing from their past clients by not honoring the gift cards. However if it is new ownership I wouldn't expect them to.

ZX9RCAM, thanks for the welcome. Glad to be a part of the forum.

7. zincwarrior

zincwarrior TGT Addict

Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Sorry, but to be clear, you we're OCing on the line, and the rule at this range is no OC? I am a bit unclear on the post.

8. leVieux

leVieux Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"

Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    My last range trip in Houston was at the Carter's Country range off FM1960.

Somehow the holes on my target made no sense.

Finally figured it was a guy THREE LANES OVER shooting a beautiful helical contoured bbl Manlicher-Schnauer .308, hitting my paper.

I just packed up and left.

leVieux

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    308nato likes this.
  9. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    That’s kind of funny

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. leVieux

leVieux Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"

Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    If he could have been that far off, and no-one had noticed, I figured it was DANGEROUS.

leVieux