Join TexasGunTalk

Hot [s]expletive deleted[/s] Wells - Houston

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by Dred, Oct 7, 2018.

1. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Ed Zachery. My blood pressure is waaay up just watching that.

2. deemus

deemus my mama says I'm special

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
  3. BuzzinSATX

BuzzinSATX Active Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Outside San Antonio
    Read the entire thread, and I was kinda floored at first about the “unloaded gun universal rule” thing.

The three ranges I frequent are all hot. One is indoor and the other two are outdoors. I think I’d leave too if told I couldn’t have a holstered loaded firearm...at least at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. EZ-E

EZ-E III%er TGT Supporter

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    I've been there a few times since they've renovated. What's funny is the staff open carry's.

5. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    Went last night, first time in quite a while. They are starting up a monthly kids night event, great idea, was a lot of fun and a great success. Range looks great, new benches are really nice. Staff were all very polite and accommodating.

sLPIKql.jpg

6. Texasjack

Texasjack TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I used to go to Hot Wells many years ago. Back then, they had a smoked brisket with a knife in it and a loaf of bread on the table. You made a sandwich and left a buck in the cigar box, totally on the honor system. Some kid about 10 years old was reloading shotgun shells in the corner. Folks out on the range just kinda worked things out between each other.

Times have changed - people (unfortunately) have changed - and "liability" has taken the place of personal responsibility. Hot Wells (and a lot of other ranges) have been forced to put lots of rules in place and enforce them, or face losing their business.

Whether you agree with their rules or disagree with them, it's still THEIR rules. They asked you to comply - they didn't insult you or make accusations. They didn't make up rules to make your life difficult. The RSO just did the job he was paid to do. You left - as you have the right to do.

Dred likes this.
  7. Lunyfringe

Lunyfringe Well-Known

Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    It all comes down to the lowest common denominator...

And society is reaching for all time lows.

CyberWolf, BRD@66 and Dred like this.
  8. Kingarthur777

Kingarthur777 Active Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    Don't feel bad, I used to practice in Conroe, a couple times a year, in addition to quals. Despite being a FLEO forever, there was no drawing from the holster, which I disliked. So, I would just put the target at the 25 and shoot it that way.

9. Kingarthur777

Kingarthur777 Active Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    That is what an FOS told me when I respectfully asked why we had to have DAO weapons.

10. Texasjack

Texasjack TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    No joke.