Hot [s]expletive deleted[/s] Wells - Houston

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
I hate indoor shooting ranges. I also don't like someone shooting next to me that I don't know. Same goes with outside ranges. That is why I shoot at the Pawnee National Grasslands. Nobody sets up near you and it's just a pleasure shooting there.
But where you live there are open public lands that allow you to do that.
Down here in Texas we do not have that luxury. Everything is privately owned.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Yep. In Texas you have the luxury of buying land and shooting on it. Then you really don’t have to worry about anyone being next to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busykngt

TGT Addict
Jun 14, 2011
McKinney
I think the OP makes a good point and a timely reminder, before you have a whole lot of $$ invested, buying a multiple range session package or a long term membership, learn and know what the rules are for that range.

Personally I don’t begrudge any shooting range their rules (whatever they may be). Just know what the rules are, then you can make an informed choice if you want to give them your business or not.

For the most part, range *owners* have given a great deal of thought to their operational rules. By their very nature these rules revolve around safety concerns. And why is that? Easy to answer; the range owner wants to try and stay in business!

Liability Insurance Rates. The rules reflect either direct mandates from the insurance carrier OR the Owner’s interpretation of actions he needs to take, to try and keep his insurance premiums at an affordable level. Put yourself in the range owner/operator’s shoes - what if running that range involved your own personal liability and profit/loss?

This becomes especially challenging if *your* range is open to the general public. Now you’re catering to everybody from the newest newbie (who has maybe never shot a gun before) to guys that are very safety conscious and have shot thousands of rounds. Where do you draw the line?

Last edited:

Dred

Mar 12, 2012
Houston, TX
Well, I'm less annoyed.

And, it's my fault. They've computerized the waiver since my last visit, so I'm sure I failed to read for changes/updates.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads