Join TexasGunTalk

Hot [s]expletive deleted[/s] Wells - Houston

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by Dred, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Yeah but that's a 12 hr drive from here :P

Frank59, EZ-E and SloppyShooter like this.
  2. Moonpie

Moonpie U.S. Rifle M1 caliber .30 Lifetime Member

But where you live there are open public lands that allow you to do that.
    Down here in Texas we do not have that luxury. Everything is privately owned.

3. Younggun

Younggun Ginger Avenger TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yep. In Texas you have the luxury of buying land and shooting on it. Then you really don’t have to worry about anyone being next to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDan likes this.
  4. Brains

Brains IQ: 47

Apr 9, 2013
    Cypress
    Someone is gonna be surprised ;)

5. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I think the OP makes a good point and a timely reminder, before you have a whole lot of $$ invested, buying a multiple range session package or a long term membership, learn and know what the rules are for that range.

Personally I don’t begrudge any shooting range their rules (whatever they may be). Just know what the rules are, then you can make an informed choice if you want to give them your business or not.

For the most part, range *owners* have given a great deal of thought to their operational rules. By their very nature these rules revolve around safety concerns. And why is that? Easy to answer; the range owner wants to try and stay in business!

Liability Insurance Rates. The rules reflect either direct mandates from the insurance carrier OR the Owner’s interpretation of actions he needs to take, to try and keep his insurance premiums at an affordable level. Put yourself in the range owner/operator’s shoes - what if running that range involved your own personal liability and profit/loss?

This becomes especially challenging if *your* range is open to the general public. Now you’re catering to everybody from the newest newbie (who has maybe never shot a gun before) to guys that are very safety conscious and have shot thousands of rounds. Where do you draw the line?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  6. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Exactly what I was thinking.......

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

7. Dred

Dred Active Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Well, I'm less annoyed.

And, it's my fault. They've computerized the waiver since my last visit, so I'm sure I failed to read for changes/updates.

8. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
  9. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Stick a fork in him.... he’s done! (And presumably banned from that range). RSO: Great call.

10. Moonpie

Moonpie U.S. Rifle M1 caliber .30 Lifetime Member

RSO reacted appropriately.

ZX9RCAM and Dred like this.